1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12" nov 30th '08 vid and pics

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 91AK250, Dec 2, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yesterday and the day before we got around 12" of snow here at my house and up the hill some more.

as the storm started i decided to go about 30miles out of town to girdwood alaska, for ice cream haha it was raining hard out there..snowing hard in town. so heres alot of pics from the 2 days and the storm..and ofcourse a vid enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 91AK250

3. 91AK250

4. 91AK250

5. 91AK250

and heres the vid :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evAZBup-7CE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evAZBup-7CE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

looks good man...are those some new tires? they look studded.

7. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

ok cool, I thought I was the only crazy guy that went to girdwood when it was snowing. its a nice drive in the winter.

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great vid, thanks for the pics also! The snow looks great!:waving: It seems like you have np with slipping anymore with the new tires on!

9. TEX

TEX Senior Member

dang it --------- i have got to get back to Maine.

thanks a ton for the pics, for a guy like me who LOVES winter and is stuck in Texas it really helps to see pics like that.

some think im crazy, but i love winter and plows and yes im in Texas. but activly tryin to get back to Maine

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I like the video. Those sides sure help with the clean-up at the end of the driveway.

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

do yours ears get cold??? i plow with the window open but i keep my head inside. nice video keep them coming

12. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

windows down heat on high. thats how I roll.

13. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet pics! I am sure you get asked all the time but can I get some close up shots of your wings? How much do you guys sell those for?

14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

looks good as always man, I can't wait for some snow around here

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  15. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I built the wings on my plow.

[​IMG]

Welded up a nice mounting point on the end of the moldboard.

then cut out the two wings and drilled holes and bolted 'em up. then welded in a cross support so it stays put.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the back drag blade that I made from an old cutting edge. it has stops so that it stands straight up when when in reverse and lays down out of the way when pushing.

[​IMG]

16. 91AK250

thanks guys!!!

i have no clue what we sell the wings for...i'll ask tomarrow i think like $250 installed? sounds right i've had mine so long i have a hard time remebering.

yes the new tires are double studded and work awsome!! god i love them!

i usealy plow with the window open so i can get realllllly close to stuff lol my ears stay warm :)

17. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice pics and vid. in the 2nd pic, does your gps say youre going 62... in the snow? :eek:

18. 91AK250

yes, the speed limit drops right there from 65 to 55 so i was transitioning to around 60 which is a happy medium so i dont get a ticket lol

19. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

Up here we know how to drive in the snow. lots of people slow way the hell down, but us cray plowing guys will do 70. HAHAHA

20. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

THANKS FOR THE PICS :drinkup:I HOPE WE GET IT SOME MORE:nod: