1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'12 GMC 1500 with Western Unimount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by antbarbato, Nov 3, 2015.

1. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

Just got my truck set up for my older 7.5' western unimount. I bought the ultramount frame and the ultra to unimount adapter. The truck has a 2" level kit. What do you think? I'm currently trying to find a way to leave the ultra to unimount adapter on the plow so I can just drive my truck right up to it and hook up- which would be easier than the unimount. Any ideas?? Im looking forward to plowing with this truck this year. Head lights were not hooked up in these pictures, but does anyone have an recommendations on getting better light from these headlights? Is there a way to do HID's? What is the bulb # in the older western headlights? I spent a lot of money on the frame and stuff so I do not really have the money to buy the nighthawk headlights right now - maybe in the future.

Plow #1-1.jpg

Plow #2.jpg

Plow #3.jpg

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

You can't (shouldn't) do HID's unless you have projector headlights, as they are not meant for reflector housings. The light pattern isn't the same and will spread and blind people.

You could probably use any aftermarket headlights for plows, although I am not sure.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Please don't put in HIDs. The rednecks put them in around here and it's like having high beams constantly in your eyes. Nice looking truck though.

4. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

Ok, I won't do HIDs, I definitely don't like when people have them in their cars but I just figured because my plow lights are so dim HIDs wouldn't be quite as bright but I don't want to be hypocritical. Thanks!

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Many different aftermarket options for lights. Just type in plow lights in a search and away you go.
    I.updated mine to a glass light with a replaceable bulb. Pretty bright for my taste

6. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

some storm pictures. I thought they looked cool!

1:23:16 #1.jpg

1:23:16 #3.jpg