1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12' backhoe snow pusher work for skid loader?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DodgeBlizzard, Apr 6, 2011.

1. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I have a 773 Bobcat skid loader. If I purchase a 12' used snow pusher designed for a backhoe, can it be made to work for a skid loader?

Will it be too heavy for a skid loader seeing that it's designed for a larger backhoe setup?

If so, would cutting it down and welding it to 10' be feasble?

Changing the mounting setup, would it cost a fortune or a couple hundred bucks?
  2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

12' is quite large for a 773 I'd be more in the market for a 8' for that size machine. Any good welding shop could cut it down and weld a quick tach plate on it, that being said I think I would just keep looking for an 8'.
  3. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

simple answer is yes you could have it cut down. the real answer is NO unless you was pushing a dusting 30 feet then id go with a direct mount 8 foot not bucket mount. i run an 873 w a 10ft but have snow wolf tires. 773 will do an 8 no problem but wouldnt go past that.
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

yea will work for an inch not do good for what u want i like the 8 footers even 10 feet is sometimes pushing it
  5. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

If you were a little closer, I would trade you the 12 footer for my 8 foot skid pusher.