1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12' Avalanche

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowfever, Dec 19, 2012.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Do you guys think a bigger skid steer would be able to handle our 12' Avalanche pusher? It is set up for a backhoe or wheel loader so I would either need to cut all that stuff off and put a skid plate on it or just use it as is and chain it to the skid. My properties are really to big for a backhoe but I could still use the size of the push box to help with production. It would never run full of snow as the properties are set up that I can just push them a short distance. If this wont work I will just sell it and probably just buy a Kage. I just hate to sell then buy something else if this will work. Skid would be a Gehl 6640 I lease from the local dealer for the winter.

2. D&A Landscaping

D&A Landscaping Junior Member

probably too big and I wouldn't mess with it if its made for a loader. if you get a ton of snow at once youll have problems with it filling up

3. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I run a Gehl 6640 and it handles a 10' arctic well. Not sure how well it would handle a 12' pusher. Lighter snows it would be fun. A big snow, and you would probably be better off with the bucket. We have wolf paw snow tires on our 6640 and it does well with the 10' pusher unless you have a huge say 12" or greater snow event.

4. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

I ran a 15.5ft LD Arctic on my new holland LX885. 98. 78 horse power. Pushed 6 inches of snow for hours like a champ. Though, the older new hollands, if you can find a good one, run like a bat out of hell.

5. EXR

EXR Senior Member

I rented a CAT 246C last winter for my 10ft protech. Its around 500lbs less around 7300lbs but slightly more power then the 6640. It struggled like hell in 20cm+. I would ask them about a V330 or go for the king V400 11000lbs!