1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12-6-09 Southern Maines first snowfall

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by bacwudzme, Dec 6, 2009.

1. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

We got about3-4 inches overnite so ill post some pics! Im not as good AlaskaBoss with the pics, and my camara isnt that great but there pics!

DSCN3710.jpg

DSCN3711.jpg

DSCN3712.jpg

DSCN3713.jpg

DSCN3714.jpg

2. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

And more like i said im not a good photographer!

DSCN3716.jpg

DSCN3718.jpg

DSCN3719.jpg

DSCN3722.jpg

DSCN3723.jpg

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Man I wish it would start snowing harder like that here we got a few inches last night. We were supppost to get a few more over night but we didn't so no plowing for me

4. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

I think it must have snowed pretty hard between 11pm-3am because there wernt more then a dusting when i went to bed.

5. jtslawncare

jtslawncare Member

Lucky. . Im hoping to atleast salt tonight but im itchy for some snow :)

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Glad you got some plowing out of this event. Nothing more than a slushy coating here. Great pics too, by the way just turn the flash off next time and you wont get all that glare.

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i think you did great job man ! i'm not a camera man myself like some of the other guys here they'll give you some advise

8. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

The camara is a auto or thats what my wife said. A few pics from inside the truck are crappy because of my sirius radio? ill work on better quality for next storm!

9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

cmon man, you should know by now never listen to the wife :laughing: glad you got to go out and make some money tho, good luck this season :drinkup:

10. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

01-02-10 snow event

here you go. not worth starting a new thread.

DSCN3734.jpg

DSCN3736.jpg

DSCN3738.jpg

DSCN3740.jpg

DSCN3747.jpg

11. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Do you do some driveways with the blower and others with the truck?

12. mike psd

from pa

great job dude !!!!!!!!!! looks like you might have to open her up more with the blowing and drifting . i have to say you have the best driveway markers at least your can see them :nod:

13. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

I plow 3 driveways that are better then 600ft. 2 that are over 1000ft and two that are over a half mile private roads and 13 small driveways. and two of the longer are with Kubota work enjoy!
    The major kubota work is at one location The driveway is 1200' long till it turns to cobblestone, and all around the property.Since 12-31-09 i have 3.5 hrs. And depending on snow fall tonite i ll have 2 more hours. Then diagonal from that driveway is a old coots driveway that i snow blow. Its easier to snowblow then plow due to trees and dropoff. That guy is crazy hes like 86 and goes to breakfast everyday no matter the weather.

14. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

You ought to see her house!!! She is right up there with Clark Griswald!!! She has it professionally done. Last year i got too close to a tree and wrapped some lights in the auger. that was right after xmas. it was fixed the following week!!!!

15. mike psd

from pa

LOL . well its going to be rough out there keep the iron down and keep snapping those pics :gunsfiring:

16. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

I cant explain the layout of the property but I'm working on figuring out how to do a video with my camara. Ive messed around with it but it deletes itself.

17. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Hey sweet pics. Good looking Ford.

18. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Nice pics! We didn't get much of anything yesterday. It's coming down pretty good right now and the wind is blowing pretty good. Probably 6" so far tonight.

19. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Here is the driveway that leads to the kubota work.
    I snaped the pics and where i thought was the visible end. Then i resnaped it. The last photo where the xmas tree ,and rock to the right is where the cobblestone starts.

DSCN3751.jpg

DSCN3752.jpg

DSCN3753.jpg

DSCN3754.jpg

20. mike psd

from pa

nice long and whining driveway . looks like there might be some tright turns there dude ?