1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12" + 4/21/09 Keweenaw UP

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by ChevYooper, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Started sunday night and its still going. All of the snow up here had melted last friday with 60-70 degree temps, then this came. 1 last plow...maybe. This stuff is soooo wet and heavy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. last few (sorry for the weird sizes)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I hate that wet stuff. Give me 2 feet of fluff any day.

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics looks like fun

5. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

That makes me want to load up the snowmobile & make the 7 hour drive! I would imagine they close they trails up there by April 15 tho, but who knows, it is kind of it's own little world UP there!

6. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

LOL, was thinking the same thing. They are forecasting 62 degrees for that area by Thursday! :dizzy:

7. Trails closed on March 31, but I know now one would give you any trouble.

Taking a break right now, but just remeasured and we're up to 16" of wet heavy hard to pile snow!!

payup

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What were the snow totals so far up there?

9. This puts us at around 290" for the season :drinkup:

10. jomama45

Thats awesome! ChevYooper, do you happen to have a picture of the "snow scale" from that state park in your area? Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. I used to have a picture of it from snowmobiling a few years ago, but cant find it!:dizzy:

11. jomama45

ChevYooper, that's exactly what I was talking about. Kind of puts things into perspective. Where exactly is that? I'm thinking around LacLaBelle?

12. Its just north of Mohawk

13. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Very cool pics, yeah we finally took off our tailgate spreader off the dump a sad day

14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

wow that measuring stick there is pretty cool, wish tug hill had one

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's a lot of snow, holy.:dizzy:

16. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Dave. There's pics of your new truck. I've never seen one with a blower on the front.

17. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

How the heck do your transmissions last up there..that is HEAVY SNOW. I know what that have stuff pushes like..at about 8inches..and my god does it not want to move....Piling it? Forget it

18. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics chevy:drinkup:290 inchs :dizzy:i have to add up 15 years to get that total:cry: