1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12/30 Snowblower question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bhmjwp, Jan 6, 2010.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Looking to purchase snowblower 12 hp with 30" width. I need to know the width-tire to tire to see if my current 24" wide ramps will handle this unit. If not, I will need to buy bigger carriers.

Thought the real plowers in the NE part of the country might be familiar with these units. Us light weights in KC are used to snow pups and 24" blowers-not this year. Thanks, Melody.
  2. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I use an Ariens. They now have a 12-32 (use to be 13-32), and I use 2 eight foot aluminum folding ramps. I would suggest you get one that locks in how the shoot heightwise and positioned and get a manual chute rotator, preferable one that you do not have to rotate. The ariens I have you move it left or right, and you dont have to repeatedly turn a handle to rotate the chute.
  3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thank you for your responce. Currently I am using 27" by 50" carriers on the back of my vechiles-like a wheel chair scooter carrier. My old carrriers I used with 2 wood ramps. Like the new system better. I guess my question is whether a 30" snow blower wheels are wider than 27". Everyone is out of stock right now and will have to order. But they don't have the specs for wheel measurments.
  4. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Generally, the wheels go out pretty much as far as the blade width. It'll definitely be close, so hopefully someone has one they can measure for you.