1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12", 24", 36" LED off road light bars anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by lazyike, Oct 26, 2014.

1. lazyike

lazyike Member

I am seeing alot of these light bars and I was thinking about adding a set inbetween my headlights on my boss. I was wondering if anyone has them and how do you like them?

41CA3JwkH-L__AA160_.jpg

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why?.......

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Old dogg has one

4. smiths plowing

smiths plowing Junior Member

I have a 22" one replacing the stock head lights on my Bobcat, I regret not doing it when I first bought the machine. Guys pull into lots to talk to me about how bright they are on the regular. Definitely worth it for how cheap they can be had off of Ebay, I payed around $120 I think and they've held up a year so far with no issues on the skid steer.

5. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

If you go to the maine section under weather a guy (bigbadbrad) just added one on his superduty

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

2012 Super Duty Western MVP in SS: http://youtu.be/V2Tduxmcyc8

My olod MVP3 had a 16in too, picking a new MVP3 in SS this week, it also get one

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Odd the link doesnt work. http://youtu.be/V2Tduxmcyc8. Maybe now?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  8. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

i am putting 2 6" rigids on my boss tomorrow ill post picks when it is done. im thinking of welding a bar horizontally across between the two lights. should work well.

9. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

You going to tie into existing harness or wire new circuit?
    I'm considering adding lights as well, leaning towards independent circuit.

10. Broncslefty7

im pretty sure its illegal do have them on while driving on the roads, so im going to have to wire a new circuit with a disconnect at the grill for when i take the plow on and off.

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I plan on 1 or 2 on trucks with back plows. I saw one at Ebling last year and am stealing someone else's idea.

12. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I "thought" I saw some that were DOT compliant. "Assuming" of course they were aimed correctly.

13. lazyike

lazyike Member

Nice, thanks guys I guess I will be ordering one or two. Yes I will be wireing them independent from the regular lights... The next question is do you guys have just the floods or the wide on flood combo? looks like I can get a 16" between my boss lights.

14. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I have a couple of those LED light bars. I have a 30" double row behind the lower grill in my Tacoma and a 30" single row on the roof of a Jeep. The one on the Tacoma uses eighteen 5 watt CREE LEDs - a combination of spot and flood. The one on the Jeep uses fourteen 10 watt CREE LEDs - all spots. As impressive as the double row unit is, the single row unit absolutely blows it away. I purchased both bars from Texas Liberty LED. Great folks to deal with.

http://shop.texaslibertyled.com/main.sc

If you want my opinion, I'd caution anybody looking to buy one of these. There's a ton of cheap crap out there. (Texas Liberty carries the good stuff.) And most of them look pretty similar to the really good units. As for light pattern, I'd recommend staying away from the floods because the spots are so much better - and still fill in really well.

15. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Nope. Off road use only. Wink, wink.

16. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  17. Broncslefty7

im putting a 16" rigid spot/flood on mine. ill let you know how it goes today.

18. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

i run a 24" and a 50" ebay special led bar. they are both very bright and i actually use them for scene lighting with my fire dept. the 24"is almost three years old with no issues. the 50" is a year old and has moisture on the inside of the lens, still works great though. but a $150 50" bar vs a $2000 bar. ill take the risk and replace it a time or two if needed. i have spot/flood combo and can see almost 180 degrees perfectly.

19. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

I have a 50 inch on my 05 f250 plow truck. I also have a 30 on my skid and two 4 inch ones that replace stok head lights on skid steer. And just put a 30 inch on my f1145 sidewalk machine

20. Broncslefty7

how is visibility with a roof mount? is it blinding when its snowing? i figured it would be too bright against falling snow and you wouldnt be able to see anything. thats why i was going to mount a 20 on my plow frame.