1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12/20/09 Marshfield, MA Storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 20Silverado05, Dec 22, 2009.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Good first storm for me, we go 25" in some spots of my yard, it was a good time here are some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 20Silverado05

3. 20Silverado05

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I bet you were lovin life during that whole storm!

5. 20Silverado05

6. 20Silverado05

7. 20Silverado05

8. 20Silverado05

9. 20Silverado05

10. 20Silverado05

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like you froze your ball sack off!

12. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

dang...you got it pretty good..

I like the pics.

13. 20Silverado05

14. 20Silverado05

15. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Pretty wild storm,huh? It may be a while before we see that much snow again. Nice pics. Here in CT it was snowing so hard that I could barely drive. Had to stop several times due to white out. Now we know what it would be like if one of those monster rainstorms was snow.:drinkup:

16. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

man those are some narrow driveways !!! all they need is some lower hanging limbs :p

17. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Wow you got a nice storm. I wish that would happen around here some time this year

18. Sportsman500??

Sportsman500?? Member
    from PA

wow. i also like the lights.

19. '08FX4SnoPro3K

'08FX4SnoPro3K Member

I grew up in Marshfield, Just moved to Plymouth about 4 years ago. I'm trying hard to recognize the truck, but I can't place it... We got nailed down here and on the Cape as well. I guess next time I'll have to take some pictures. I wish I took some when I was plowing out my whole street. The town never showed up. I plowed like 3/4 of a mile of my street, after the whole 2 feet fell. I took me hours and hours to push through it.

While I was out doing it an town truck showed up. It was a big 10 wheeler with a huge highway plow and a fully loaded sander on the back. So I see him coming and back into a driveway to move out of the way, as he goes by me he stopped for a second and waved, roll's his window down and yell's, "hey, you can go home; the BIG truck is here now". he made it about 15 feet past where I had stopped clearing, and proceeded to get stuck. I laughed so hard I nearly pissed my pants. So I got out and said," Hey, you guys got any BIGGER trucks?"

He had slid sideways just a little and couldn't get out of the 3' snow bank he just created. So I had to get close and push it off to the side of the road from behind him. He turned the sander on and made a big pile and he and I and his partner shoveled a bunch under the wheels and he was out, But then he say's, " I'm backing outta here I can't get this thing stuck again. We'll be back later on"

The neighbors were all pissed when they saw him leaving. I kept going and finished the street. ( 4 feet forward at a time) man did I work my poor truck hard. Some might ask Why? Because at the end of the Cul De Sac there is a woman who is on Dialysis! She needed to get out. So what else could I do. My Dad brought me up that way. "If you can help someone, You just help them; there's no questioning it. Just do it" ussmileyflag

The nice part of it was, the first neighbor that I talked to called all the other neighbors to tell them I was doing this without getting paid by the town, One after another these people were all coming out of there houses with Cash, Coffee, and Food for me. I made alot of new friends on my street that day (and some extra money)... and I felt damn good about it too.

20. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Whats up with the truck balls? IMO they look very unprofessional.