1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12/20/09 25min south of Philly.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Mackman, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

So we got 23.2in. I plow roads so it wasnt to bad cuz we were keeping up with it. At most we pushed was maybe 4-5in. I did do 1 road that wasnt done till the end. Then i had to push the full 23in. I was out for 25hrs. payup

2. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Once the wind picked up this road was a PIA. It had some bad drifts.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks nice and fluffy thank god.
  4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

that was nice little shake down run you had down there great pics:nod:
  5. Mackman

from S.E. PA

This is the 1st video i ever done. So take it easy.:laughing:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid627.photobucket.com/albums/tt354/mackman141/100_0239.flv">

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

way to run the stop sign :)
  7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

haha running the stop sign. Man I love your truck...
  8. Mackman

from S.E. PA

LOL i run thyem all day long when snows on the ground. Plus these roads are hardly ever used when it snows. I bet i pass maybe 2 cars an hr. Not a big township.

Thanks. The 6.0 ran good. I goosed it alittle in the video at 29sec. and the back end broke loose on me. Wanted to make sure the 6.0 had it in her lol.:laughing:

Now that i know how to do videos wait intill next strom i will have good ones. I wish i would of took one of me stacking. I had one hell of a pile going.:nod:
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics and vid...
  10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

2 feet...holy cow. Nice pics.
  11. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I cant believe that towns plow roads with pick up trucks! Do you have another truck following you to cover the rest of the shoulder? Seems way more efficient to have a loader with a 12ft blade and wing or a larger truck with plow and wing...ohh well I bet you make some good coin! Beautiful truck by the way!
  12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice pic and video and nice truck to
  13. pensty

pensty Junior Member

That's a cool video. Great soundtrack too!
  14. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck, looks like it had no problem with all that snow!
  15. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

How'd you like plowing with the hand shaker?
  16. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks like you had a good money maker there. Roads must be nice since there in no back and forth, put the blade down, angle to the right and put her in gear and cruise along listening to some country, makin the green stuff. Looks like a pretty good deal from my standpoint. That is one nice truck also. Plenty of power there to get things done. Have a good year.
  17. Lightningllc

Lightningllc 2000 Club Member

Must be nice plowing roads is that a state bid or county bid. Plowing roads is the best work out there, easy on your truck and lots of money.
  18. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

what gear you push is with that truck science it has the 6 speed? nice ride i still cant find to many like your. looks like you have a good time pushing!
  19. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Yea it was nice

My uncle has the job. Total we have 5 trucks out there. It is a small township. All we use is pickups. We just push back as far as we can. They get the job done. But he does have a Backhoe if we need it.

Gotta love the older country late 80s and early 90s was the best.

One road i do is up a good size hill. It had alittle trouble. I only had around 500lbs in the back. I should of had about 800lb.

Wasn't bad at all.

We do have alot of cu-de-scas we got to plow. They are a PIA. But most of the pushing is just going forward. Roads are easy.

Township Bid., My uncle been plowing in that township since 1997.

Well 90% of the time i was in 1st. Doing about 10-15mph. At around 2,000 rpms. If I'm in 2nd I can do around 15mph at 1500rpms. So most of the time i just used 1st. Taking it nice and slow. Getting paid by the hour.payup
  20. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Nice video....Good to know I'm not the only one who listens to country music while plowing they say there's only red-necks in the south...hahaha & runs stop signs....We run red lights also here in Mass. L.O.L...Hey howed you like the 8.5 blade & standard for plowing