1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12/09/2009 Maine Storm Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Truck207, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Well, here are pictures from our first good amount snow storm (our first storm was only about 4" and the ground was to soft to plow). The pictures of my 2005 Polaris Sportsman 400 plowing about 6" in my driveway. In my area we got about 8" total and then it rained. :realmad: It was a pretty nice light snow until it rained.

DSC05933.JPG

DSC05936.JPG

DSC05937.JPG

DSC05938.JPG

DSC05939.JPG

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

It was a nice storm till everything went to slush wasn't fun trying to move snow around last night, cleaning-up parking lots after the cars had moved.

Hopefully this isn't a trend for the year. Where in Maine are you?

3. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

I know what you mean!! Can't we get a snow storm that just stays nice and light with no rain or mix?!? I am in Stockton Springs. It is between Belfast and Bucksport (about 30 minutes south of Bangor. Do you plow for yourself or do you own a company in Portland?

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I own a company that serves Greater Portland. Your up there compared to here. This morning was terrible down here everywhere was a skating rink .

5. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Yeah, there was some ice up here this morning too. What your companies name? How much snow did you get before it changed over?

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

we got 7-8" before it changed over to heavy rain here. I was soaked to the bone, as I've got a bunch of shoveling and I really wanted to get it done so the rain would bare up the pavement and bricks.

It dropped from 40 degrees at 4am to 31 at 615am. A lot of quick refreezing. Had to get out with the sand quick.

7. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

I believe it! There was maybe about 10 minutes of sleet and then, as you said, it poured. You are in Machias, right?

8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Seaside Landscaping, Portland got 4" and inland in a bit in Gorham got 9" It froze up here around 3am I was out sanding for 4 hours this morning went through 8 yards of sand salt.

9. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

:207.....i got cousins up by you in searsport

last time up they got me to go up the bucksport bridge :dizzy:

10. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

If you don't mind me asking, who are your cousins (PM me if you don't want to put it on this thread)? The bridge is pretty nice, especially on a nice clear day. Did the elevator get stuck when you went up?

11. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

I was an idiot and got out late to plow. I plow North Saco and Buxton/Hollis and let me tell you i went from 4" of wet snow in Saco to 8-9" of concrete in Buxton/Hollis. At 6 it was pouring out! I never got any pics. Yeah There some nice accidents Thursday am. Nice looking wheeler Truck 207.

12. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i got a bunch up that way but one of them works for the town of searsport...his first name is Roger

13. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Yeah, around 7PM is when it started raining. Up in my area there wasn't to many accidents, thank god. Thanks for the comment. It does pretty good pushing snow! I left some areas unplowed until Thursday and it went right through it with no problems.

14. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

I think I know of him...are you originally from Searsport? Where do you live in CT.? I have lived in Stockton for about 18 years, so I know of a lot of people around here.

15. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i,m not from Maine, i lived in CT all my life

my father was born up there and moved here...the rest of the family stayed there

16. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

If you don't mind me asking whats your last name (the same as Roger's last name)? My dad was born in Waterbury, CT and we still have family that live in CT.

17. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures!

18. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Thanks!! :)