1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

12,000 lb tractor -- Pull Plow Only?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by IMAGE, Aug 22, 2011.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I'm thinking of putting a pull box on a 12,000 lb MFWD tractor with R1 tires. There would be no front blade on this unit. Probally about 10-12' wide, with deep side plates to carry a big load of snow. Will I have problems with the box getting too full and stopping the tractor or spinning out?

Thanks

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You won't have a problem running just a rear blade. We run a 12-18 ft Snowing and a 10-18 Ebling on the back of a 12,000 lb JD and we can't take a full back blade in heavy wet snow but without a front blade you won't have any problems at all. Don't let it concern you at all.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Ok Thanks Dave. I know you had answered me before on this too. It just makes me nervous, so odd to think on not having any front blade. Thanks again for the confirmation.

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Dave,
    Joining your green club, ordered a 5101,actually it is in already, the dealer still has to put on parts, then waiting for a SHoule blower for it

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Congrats. Don't know much about thd 5000 Series but I'm sure it will keep you happy. Cet just bought one and he seems quite impressed.

6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

10-18 Ebling! How many custom eblings you getting. Didnt you just have a 17.5?