1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

11pin rt3 vplow with smarthitch 1

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rusty3506, Jul 9, 2011.

1. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

I just got a rt3 vplow with smarthitch 1 it has an 11 pin plug on plow side i have nothing for the truck side at all, would a 13 pin truck side work? or would i need and 11pin? Any one have a complet truck side set up? thanks in advanced

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It will depend on the vehicle. The extra 2 pins are for light controls on some newer trucks. You're plow will work just fine, but the lights may not, or at least not properly.

3. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

I have a 2007 chevy 2500 classic, If i buy a complet kit for the truck side with 13 pin and smarttouch 2 do you think it would all work?

4. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

Ok well i have no clear answer i even called around to some local dealers some say yes some say no?? Ok i have a boss v plow smarthitch one it has an 11 pin harness i have nothing on the truck side would a complete 13 pin truck side kit work the plow and smart hitch, I have a 2007 hd classic.
    Thanks!!