1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ch973934, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

For anyone, but would like SN'M input, looking for a dashmount, dual amber, what's everyone's suggestion, not looking to spend more than 150-160. Thanks guys.
  2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

something to consider....there are many more threads like this..

3. Dissociative

4. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Thanks Dissociative, I guess I was being impatient at the moment and wanted to see what some people have to say. Appreciate it, Connor
  5. tomx20

tomx20 Member

I don't mind you quoting me, but please include the full quote.

The install they did was correct and everything works fine, I just don't agree with their pricing they gave me. Part of the reason the install was $350 was because they wired up two TIR3's on a license plate bracket FIRST but I didn't like the way they looked so I told them to take them off (that ate up a bunch of wasted time; my fault, I know that).

If they only did the 4 strobes in the corners, my guess is that it probably would have cost about $250.
  6. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

I agree but I still find that excessive for "running wire." Guess we all have those moments of learning by example. At least it worked out great for you.
  7. tomx20

tomx20 Member

That's exactly it, a lesson learned. But at least now I know that I don't want lights on a LP bracket on my car haha
  8. Dissociative

i don't bother to quote the 10% of good when there is 90% of bad....i reported the facts you posted that i thought were relevant to this members decision on where to buy from.

guesses don't help anyone...with the action you reported from them i HIGHLY doubt it would have been...not by the way you described their pricing structure. I mean does it really take 2 hours to mock up a set of t3's on a L-plate?..or to run the single 2 pair back there to power them on?....if someone told me it would cost 100.00 to slap in a pair of t3's on my plate i'd call them crazy your labor on that alone should have been around 20min...and with the install of 4 strobes actually should have been ran with the rear strobe wires and literally only taken about 10min. of extra time...

your last line said it all.....not sure why you would come back and try to praise the install they did after this statement....i dunno...he asked where to purchase so i wanted to tell him what to expect based on what you said.......forgive me for not seeing the point of posting any praise with so much negative reported...no install no matter how good is worth praising IMO if it wasn't a good value...if it was overpriced and such then nothing about the install IMO is worthy of saying praise.

as do most everyone else...that is overpriced for sure....
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  9. tomx20

tomx20 Member

Believe me, I'm not on their side or anything. All I was trying to say was that the install was done correctly, but the pricing wasn't. I'm not saying the time they took/price they charged me was right..
  10. Dissociative

i hear ya.....i never said the install was bad......he wasn't asking about an install....
  11. RobE

RobE Junior Member
    from RI

Then why would you post an install review?

And..... why do you use so many periods? ...
  12. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Diss, I posted the real story on that guys install on the other post and beleive me he got much more than any other shop would have charged him. We do a 4 corner install for under 200.00 and I have a great dash light for this post for 109.99. The strobes n more D12, they ae bright, built in flashback, 23 flash patterns, and a full replacement warranty.
  13. Strobesnmore

Let me clearify a few issues with Toms story. We bent over backwards and went above and beyond for this guy. Not only did I personally spend over and hour myself on top of the work my regular installer was doing on this guys car installing LEDs in headlights that any other shop would have butchered I spent the time to explain to him why we needed to the install in a way not to damage his lights. He then had me install some cheap HID lights that he bought on the net and did not have any instructions for. I had to search the internet looking to for an install guide as he did not have a clue as to how to install them or even how then worked. If I had not taken the time and pluged things in as he told me the lights would have been damaged permanently. He then had my install guy spend and hour and a half installing custom lights on a special license plate mount only to decide he did not like them so he had us remove them completely along with all the wiring. This guys story could not be further off base. I have NEVER had one complaint about and install ever in almost 15 years In this guys case he purchased the cheapest lights he could find and had us install them in a car that he uses to quote landscaping jobs. The car was a mercury somthing if memory serves and anyone who does installs for a living can tell you that non-police type vehicles, (hondas, camrys, etc...) always take longer to do work on just because of the limited space and areas to work. He even called the next day looking for a cardboard box that some of the lights came in that he wanted to return for a refund to another dealer and got mad because we had taken out the trash. It wasn't a the box the actual light was in it was a regular old brown cardboard box. My install guy worked non-stop and took a quick 15 minute lunch so this guy could get back to MA as he kept saying how far it was for him.

Bottom line is do not beleive everything you read. This customer got a deal and then some. I billed him for nothing more than the work we did and not a penny more and we gave him over and beyond service. He should be ashamed of himself for posting such a story. Louis
  14. tomx20

tomx20 Member

I’ll start off by saying that I stand by original statement. In no way did I lie about anything I said.
    Shouldn’t you help out at your own shop? I didn’t want to have my lights “butchered”, that’s why I went to you. The explanation was good, and TOGETHER we found a spot to mount the lights where I wanted them to begin with. Customer service should be a given with any business, discussions like this should happen.
    DDM Tuning HID Kits are quality HID kits. Many people on this site would vouch for them, and also on the Chevy Malibu Forum, where I found out about the lights. They are NOT just some “cheap” lights. And I’m sorry they didn’t come with instructions.
    You had your hands on the lights the whole time, not me. BOTH of us were speculating where certain plugs should have went, but neither of us tried forcing any of them into anywhere.
    I made a point to mention this, saying that this chunk of time was my fault. And, I don’t see how TIR3 style lights are “custom”? The license plate bracket was a Whelen LP Bracket, not a “special license plate mount”. I think Whelen is a pretty good name… And don’t make it sound like it was a huge task to remove the lights on the bracket; all the installer did was snip the wires and plug the hole. He did not remove the wiring completely. That is the truth!

Here are what Louis calls the “custom lights on a special license plate mount only”. I did not like the way the lights looked in the LP area so I asked for them to be removed. (personal opinion)

This picture shows where the wire went into the bumper. To “uninstall” the wiring, the installer snipped the wiring so it was flush with the bumper, then plugged the hole. I know this because I watched!
    Since when are Whelen Vertex, Strobesnmore E Series, or the other grille LED lights I had cheap? Don’t call them cheap just because you have a bad past with the seller of the grille LEDs I had. Those lights were solid lights, constructed well, and your installer even said he was impressed with how bright they were when he had me choose the flash pattern!
    It was a Chevrolet Malibu… How can you even try to make me look bad if you don’t even remember the car you were working on??
    Since we didn’t use the license plate LEDs or the Whelen LP bracket, I wanted to return it (I know, that seems outlandish.) The stores policy was that returns had to be in all of the original packaging (the cardboard tube) and have all the original hardware. The LP bracket was returned back to my car, and I felt that the packaging that I brought the product in should have been returned also. That doesn’t seem like too much to ask for..
    I got no deal whatsoever! I was billed for the products I purchased from you, labor (more time than what I thought was taken on my car), and wiring. If you don’t believe me, I can take a picture of the receipt. I am not ashamed of telling my story; people should hear these types of things about a business. Like I said in an email, a business should hear about not only when the customer is happy, but the problems the customer had with their experience.

What I told everyone is the truth, otherwise I wouldn’t have taken the time to dispute all of this.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  15. Strobesnmore

As I said in my original comment we have NEVER had one complaint about an install till now so I guess that says enough.
  16. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I called Strobes N More late Friday afternoon with a question regarding a Whelen Rotabeam - the extremely nice woman who answered the phone but the phone down and went into the stock room to check out a product for me. She was professional and a great deal of help - she shipped it out right around close of business on a Friday afternoon and it was scheduled to be on my doorstep Monday afternoon (UPS had a problem with the truck yesterday so it will be here today).

I can't give a higher endorsement regarding customer service - she was fantastic.
  17. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

Everybody has their own expierences. and own set of circumstances. I will say all of mine with strobes N more have been good. Thanks for everything. -Mike