1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dforbes, Dec 25, 2010.

1. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

Managed to get 13 1/2 hours in on Christmas Eve. 4:30 AM - 6:30 PM. Storm could not have hit any better. payup payup payup Great Christmas present, thank you Jesus.

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

and you still get to spend christmas day with the family! happy holidays

3. Brian in MO

Brian in MO Junior Member
    from NE MO

Hi dforbes, glad to see another MO guy on here. How much did you guys end up with around Booneville? Around Hannibal we got aout 4-5" (that might be generous) just the right amount for a Christmas eve snow.:D

4. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

We didnt get snot here in Ohio LIKE THE WEATHER MAN PROMISED FOR THE PAST 7 DAYS!!! I hope santa brings all my local weather men a bunch uh coal...... LOL I know there job cant be easy because they are wrong as wrong can be about 50% of the time.

Can't complain though, Ive had plenty of snow so far in Southern Ohio. Great year to be gettin into the business. I just wish I could have gotten the snow so I wouldnt have had to attend all my inlaws christmas's today............. I would have plowed for free to get out of that. I must have been a bad boy this year cuz santa made me go see those poeple!!!! Im kind of a grinch around xmas time. Best part about xmas to me is the day after when all the rigamoroll is over..........

5. sealer700

sealer700 Junior Member

I cant agree more. The worst part about the holidays is having to see the Outlaws.. err I mean the Inlaws>

6. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I have routes in both Boonville and Columbia. Boonville had 3-4 Columbia had 4-5. I live 1/2 way in between and we had 7 inches at my house. My drive is a 1/4 mile long and it would have been a tough push without the V plow. Glad you got some snow. Happy hollidays to all on plowsite and their famillys.

7. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

ya that sounds about right, kansas didn't get anything again...i was so frustrated the other day watching everyone to the north and east of us get a few decent storms...i started looking at other places to live in that direction that get more snow and also have nice bluegrass or fescue grasses, kansas is in the ugly transition zone with a little bit of bermuda mixed in, very annoying grass...more wishful thinking than anything i guess

8. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

We only got 3" down here. 3" of wet snow. But super easy to plow. It couldnt of come down more perfect.

1/3 of my accounts were closed. So i got to take my sweet time plowing them. :D

9. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Must be nice!

They were calling for 2-4" for us and some initial icing. We got to spread about 1500 lbs of salt and ended up not even getting a dusting.