1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

110 gallon aux. fuel cell for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by RollinCoalCTD, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollinCoalCTD

RollinCoalCTD Junior Member

110 gallon aux. fuel cell used for diesel fuel. It is an L shaped tank, and comes with a 15gpm electric pump/nozzle. Built in January 08, it basicly looks and performs like brand new. Can get pics. $600obo.

Mike (248) 342-2865

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Who wants to fill that up!!!!

3. RollinCoalCTD

haha, well fuel prices are cheaper in some places than others, for example Texas is cheaper and Michigan and California, so if your hauling stuff, fill it up in a cheaper state, then save everytime you fill up your truck. Some guys use them to fill up with off road diesel, but shhhhh :]

4. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Wheres this at in Michigan???

5. RollinCoalCTD

Clarkston, which is less than an hour north of Detroit on i-75. But if your interested i dont mind meeting up. I actually just took pictures of it, i will post them up in a second.

6. RollinCoalCTD

Its alittle dirty, but basicly brand new!

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

7. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Whats your bottom line on it how far are you from akron ohio 44312?

8. RollinCoalCTD

$550 is the bottom line as of right now. I am not sure where akron is, but i can find out and maybe make alittle trip out of it. I have a couple people interested in it locally at $600 but nothing is set in stone, if you want it, its yours. just give me a call.

Mike

9. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

Will this fit in a 6ft box in a 3/4 ton dodge? If so i might be intersted.

10. RollinCoalCTD

Yes it will fit in a 6ft box. and if you really want it, I will be going to Syracuse for the 4th of july so i could bring it with me.

Mike

11. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

Will it fit with a tool box to??

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure it will fit in a short box. You have a long box right.

13. RollinCoalCTD

I do have a longbox, and i also have a tool box aswell. The only difference should be that you will have less bed room than i do.

14. RollinCoalCTD

You can run a tool box with this cell and not take up anymore room becuase the cell is L shaped and the tool box goes over the cell. take a look at the pictures

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There is less room between the front of the wheel wells and the front of the box on a short box vs a long box, so that tank is for long boxes only. The 80 gallon L is for short boxes, that 's what my local dealler told me anyway. I really need the bigger tank so I wish it would fit.

16. RollinCoalCTD

Yeah i was just thinking that, right after I wrote that post, but then i was gonna ask you for measurements. So your positive it wont work?

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes I'm positive for a GM, not sure but I'm assuming it's the same for a Dodge and Ford. I think your tank is a great deal and hope you sell it soon.

18. RollinCoalCTD

I was looking at my buddies truck today, he has a 2006 dodge ram 2500 4 door, with the short box and this cell will not fit in that truck. I am not in a huge hurry to sell it, it saves me around $15 per fill up, and if i buy 55 gallons at one time i can get fuel real cheap. But i do need money for a trans sooner or later.

19. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

had mine sent out and modded to fit in a short bed. i got the tank and pump for 125. then sent it out to have it modded so it fis in a short bed. it only cost me another 100 but it has to be done by a DOT certtified welder. i think that if someone was serious about buying yourtank they could have this done as well. nice price for the tank

20. RollinCoalCTD

tank is sold thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.