1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

11 silverado traffic advisor

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by FD39901, Jul 4, 2012.

1. FD39901

FD39901 Junior Member

has anyone mounted a traffic advisor inside the rear window of a 2011 silverado crew cab?

2. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

i had one in a 09 im going to say the interior is not much different. so if your asking if it can be done, yes it can. I took some flat steel bent into an L with holes at ether end removed the rear cloths hooks slid the flat steel btwn the headliner and the roof then re installed the hooks with the factory hardware then bolted the arrow down with carriage bolts and nylock nuts.

3. FD39901

FD39901 Junior Member

Did you bolt the L's to anything above the headliner. I have the six head tir3 advisor so it is not the full length of the window.

4. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

if you pull the headliner down by the chmsl you'll see there is a nice sized gap between the actual roof and the inner metal panel that the stop light mounts to mine ran the full with of the cab. Just take a couple self tapping sheet metal screws and run them up there... DO NOT use the bolt head style they will poke through the liner and tear it when you put it back up make sure you use the Philips heads. I had a D8 Dominator up there with no issues.

5. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I have two small dash lights that i took the mounts off of (since I had to put them on and just didnt) and put them behind the head rests in the backseat of my 06) and they stay perfectly 99% of the time