1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

11 pin truck in 13 pin plow fleet

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by djagusch, Sep 28, 2013.

1. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I use the term fleet loosely. All 8.2 v plows. I have 3 13 pin plows/trucks. Just bought a 01 chev with a 11pin truck/plow combo. The 11 pin plow should work with the 13 pin trucks.

If in a storm etc I need to put a 13 pin plow on the 11 pin truck that doesn't work correct? Also I found out boss has a msc04758 conversion kit to make the 11 pin into a 13 pin. Is that conversion kit the ticket to make everything work?

The dual burn option is the only thing the conversion does not support, correct? But headlights functions properly.

Does the 11 pin plow need a smarthitch 2 switch to function? Or just wait for the headlights to break then upgrade the plow side to 13 pin?

Trucks used are 01/05/09 chev 2500hd reg lb, 13 dodge 2500cc sb.
  2. rswilliamson

rswilliamson Junior Member
    from Ventura

Im looking for the same answers as you are.
  3. djagusch

from mn

4. No....What i listed is correct.

The instructions say "15 holes" Not pins.

They only use "13"holes of the 15.

It would of been easier if the instructions said 13 hole right?
    But hey, thats why i love plowsite for the info.
    To further help you out, if you are not going to use the smarthitch,

you can use part# MSC04757, 13 pin pigtail kit, $42.30.

Please call 1-855-200-PLOW and ask for Josh

SPW Tech

5. djagusch

from mn

I'm not following. My 11 pin truck side has 15 holes. My 13 pin plow has 15 holes also. They fit together but are missing two pins on the female side.

If you look at page 4 of the link you provided it says truck 11 pin to 13 pin connector procedure (what we are asking) and this is for the truck side part.

Their terms of holes and pins make it harder to follow. I sent in a email to Boss to clarify as it's clear as mud to me.

I have the part MSC04758 but haven't had time to install it. It has 15 holes 13 pins (female side). Connects 11 wires to the plow harness and then 2 wires go to the solenoid. To me it would activate the 2 pins that the 11 pin harness would not.
  6. I re-read your quote
    and i apologize i thought you your chevy had 13 pin and only needed the plow side conversion but infact you need the truck as well.

So i would suggest you should update the plow and truck and your fleet yould be universal.

You just need the plow side and you already have the truck side part.

Know it makes sense:drinkup:

7. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

i need a 13 pin truck side.. I'm finding two different part numbers, will either one work?