1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

11 pin question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tar, Dec 12, 2011.

1. tar

tar Junior Member

I bought an 11 pin boss with the RT3 mount, after I installed it I dont have power to the controller. I have power to the fused wire in the cab,and 1 pin on the 9 pin connector, the only thing I dont have hooked up is the headlights, I had to order the adapters. It worked on the truck it came off with my handheld controller.

Thanks for any help
    Troy

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Which controller do you have?

3. tar

tar Junior Member

I have the handheld v plow controller

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your 11 pin harness doesn't have a ground in the contoller plug that the hand held requires. But you can add the ground in the plug easily enough though.You can purchase the connector plug and pins as a kit from a local Radio Shack and simply use a pin out of it. Radio Shack p/n for the connector is 274-226. Install it in pin #9 and run it to a good chassis ground.

5. tar

tar Junior Member

Thank you very much....Thumbs Up