1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

11 Pin Harness on a 13 Pin Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by P&M Landscaping, Sep 9, 2009.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Okay, here's the deal, I'm rigging up a custom mount for my Jeep Wrangler, I just bought a used Bronco mount and harness. The Harness is the 11 Pin, but the plow I will be using is a 13 pin. So, my question is their a way I can modify this plow to work with my harness? I don't care about the smart hitch not working. All I need is the plow to go up down left right and have headlights.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 13 pin will connect to and work just fine with the 11 pin harness (except for the smart hitch of course as you suspected) by simply drilling the two extra holes needed for the 13 pin in the 11 pin rubber plug. There's plenty of meat to do so, just use a small drill bit and only go deep enough to make room for the pins. Be sure the new holes are parallel with the others of course.

Very easy.

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Boss also has a conversion kit available, its like 80 bucks I think

4. P&M Landscaping

No problems with headlights?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

None what so ever. Well, at least not due to what we're discussing. :D

None of the pins were relocated during the switch from 11 to 13, there's simply two that just aren't there for the Smart Hitch.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Certainly a viable option too if the SH functions are wanted. :salute:

7. P&M Landscaping

Thanks so much!! Next question, on doing the install does the black white wire go to the terminal closest to the mounting plate or acrossed from it. I have the circular solenoid

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Makes no difference as long as you have the blk/white on one and the brown on the other.

9. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

what about a 13pin truck harness to a 11pin plow?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plug and play.