1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

11 foot plow on a pick-up!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSeasons, Jan 1, 2002.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Well, sort of. 9' 2" Boss V with Pro-Wings and a U-edge. It does measure 11 feet tip to tip while it's straight though. Sure would like to try it out on some SNOW. Yeah, right, wishful thinking. Nate's got the right idea, I'll just go out into the garage and make a blade for my junky MTD.:rolleyes:
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i dont know how to respond to this thread.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i dont know that a set of pro wings would compliment a v plow that well
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I like that response MDB
  5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I just hope it isn't too wide going down the road.

6. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Geoff, they come off driving around the city. Brian.
  7. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

A contractor in my area will by a truck with and 8' fisher on it. Then will find a used 8" blade and then cut a foot off of each side of the blade and weld it on the new one they just bought to make it a 10' blade

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

?????????? well maybe,but then ???????? who knows ??????????
  9. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

a lot of plower around here use a regular plow with hydraulics pro-wing. QWhen they are close, it's very similimar to a protech pusher, open it you got a 12 feet plow.

This set up need a central hydro and few more$$$, but seems very effective. Cost about 15 000 twice than a regular Fisher 8'.
  10. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

I think pro wings would be great on a V plow.

1) in the scoop position, you would have more capacity.
    2) with one wing, you could take a bigger bite when windrowing and not leave "dribble" on the cleared side.
    3) in the v position....... well ok, maybe not so good in the V. But it would make a 8'2" V plow more equal to a 9'2".