1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

11 foot plow on a 3/4 ton truck !

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KCAPXIS, Jan 23, 2009.

1. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Its a 8611LP I just picked it up from a different job and dropped it off here,

11footplow34tontruck.jpg

2. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

I Would not want to try and navigate City Streets With That on:help::help:

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you'd be ok on a nice fluffy snow, but if it's any measurable amount, and wet you'd be screwed. I think you'd have to keep it short for that. I have a 9 foot plow on my 3/4 ton, and I push a HOA, out in the middle of nowhere. Once the wind picks up, and the snow starts drifting, I have my hands full trying to push deep snow.

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

my dmax pushes my 11'4"mega blade around without even thinking twice, 80% of the time in 2wd.... long pushes to, Thats a cake walk for a diesel wesport

5. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

well its 11 feet with the wings out, right? With the wings retracted it comes down to 8.5 feet or so. That's not bad.

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I think he just pulled his truck up to it as it sat there from another truck. Lights?

I would do it if I could money wise but after looking at that blade if that's what happens to Blizzards they can keep em. That looks like total junk.

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Like he said in the first post, he was just picking it up at one place, and dropping it off at another.

Triple L how does your front end handle that weight? I imagine that thing outweighs my 9'2" V?

8. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

you must have a lot of weight in the back to push that plow in 2 wheel drive. The diesel does not make that much of a difference

9. voyagerxii

voyagerxii Junior Member

I run an '08 F250 with a 8611LP. The 11' can be a handful in deep snow but with the Snowdogg 1.5 yd spreader full it works great. The local Ford dealer sold me what he called 7000# springs. They work well at holding up the front end. Before the new springs the front end was hanging pretty low.

Scott

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Amen!

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=77038

11. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

:dizzy::gunsfiring:

12. Triple L

from Canada

its loaded down, i got timbrens and 4 cranks on the t's... but she manages.... I always run with a yard and a half, even it i dont plan on salting sooo...

13. Triple L

from Canada

o yes it does.... and so do good tires! bfg commercial traction t/a's payup but hay, I spend money and this truck makes money.... anything under 3.5-4" my truck doesnt see 4wd

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a diesel, you think wrong. I have 3 LP's on 350's and have yet to suck the wings in on any snows we've had.

Keep telling yourself that, because looks are what make the money. :dizzy: :rolleyes:

15. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I'm with Reaper, looks like he just parked in front of it, especially a GM, front bumper would be scrapping the whole way. But I just got a Fisher XLS (8/10). I have it on an 08 F-250 w/ 5.4 and wish it was an 8/11. No problems pushing!

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My buddie ran a new 8611LP on his 02 GMC 2500 gasser last year all season. It carried it just fine and pushed fine too, stock suspension and 285's. Big wet heavy snows, he'd pull a wing in once and a while, but not much. He only removed it this year b/c of the deal he got on his SnowWay. He's a dealer and got a smokin deal to run it on one of his own trucks, plus he runs Blizzards on 3 other trucks anyway.

17. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Not saying I would not want one and if I was the owner or boss-man would probably only hire guys with em as they are time savers money makers.

I am just saying though as much as those things cost if it rusted like that I would be pretty upset. Well upset till the check came in anyway. But I had hoped they held up better paint wise is all. I like a clean look is all. Ain't gotta be new but it can be well kept and looking good. :rolleyes:

And I still say there is no way that truck moved that blade unless is was riding in the bed.
    Show a side picture of the mount. It would be the 1st Blizz set up where the truck lights were missing that I have seen. And again for you slow readers, I am not saying a 2500 could not do it. I am saying THAT truck did not. :cool:

18. DODGEing

DODGEing Member

NOTICE what he said. Im not an edumacated man but nowhere do I read hes pushin with it. PLUS the lack of the plow lights tipped me off to that

19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I must be slow

Whats the difference?

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Get off your high horse and stop breathing Ford fumes.