1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

11/17

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by blueline38, Nov 17, 2008.

1. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

The night photo was taken at about 2230hrs on the 16th. The day photo was this morning on my way home!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

NICE!!!!!!:drinkup:

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

aahhh. i cant wait for our turn.

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i hear ya there.

5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

All lake effect snow right....

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

yup, I only got a couple of inches but it's wet and heavy. I'm only about 5 miles from the lake but tug hill got alot more. The ground is no where near hard enough so I had to back drag my driveway to avoid digging up the stone!

7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Well snow is snow no matter where it comes from...

8. lumps

lumps Senior Member

From Oswego this morning...

[​IMG]

9. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Can't wait for our turn, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

Just wish we were going to get a plowable snow in the next week....:)

10. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Ya yougot all our snow...now send It back lol

We are gettinng lake efect as well :waving:

11. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

lakes too warm still keeping your temps too high to get the big snow, more inland is getting hit hard, just didnt come south enough to catch me, :gunsfiring:

12. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

lucky! i hate looking at theese pics... but it is hard to complan about 70* wheather.. but i would much rather have a little bit of snow

13. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

Here in New Haven, NY we got around 4". Not enough to bother plowing. It'll be gone by the weekend anyways.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. scitown

scitown Senior Member

My phone would be ringing off the hook if we had 4 inches and I declared it not enough to plow. My customers fear snow like it is lava keeping them from the car. Nice pics guys.

15. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i was just gonna say that, 4 inches here, im plowing some places twice.... but then again a 4" snow is a blizzard to most people around here.

16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures!

17. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Grew up in Oswego County. In Oswego County 4" is hardly a blip on the radar. Remember going to school even after over a foot fell overnight. Everyone there takes the snow in stride and the muncipalities take snow removal pretty seriously, look @ all the Lewis & Oswego County/NYSDOT/local town equipment in the area in the DOT thread in the equipment pictures forum! Lake effect seems to consolidate quickly. Even 4' isn't unheard of in some areas up on Tug Hill. Mom & Dad only missed 2 days from work last year even w/ all the snow there last winter!

18. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

4" is little to nothing and packs to an inch or so quickly. However that 4" becomes 1' at the end of the drive and if it's not cleared it becomes a frozen mess!

19. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare Member

I need two more weeks to finish up my clean ups.....then I'll be doing the snow dance