1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10Amp fuse for fishstick blows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by skidoo82, Jan 16, 2013.

1. skidoo82

skidoo82 Junior Member
    from NH

I have a 3plug/ 3port MM2 system here, and if you have the fishstick AND the plow connected it blows one of the 10 amp fuses in the B/C harnes near the module. The fishstick will not power up so I'm assuming it must be the "snowplow control" fuse in the circut. The plow has worked all year untill now and nothing has changed. If I have just the plow OR the fishstick in it does not blow. Previously I have had an issue where no matter what direction I pushed on the stick, It would angle the plow to the right. I was told to dissemble the stick, clean the touch terminals and reassamble. It worked for a while and now just pops the fuse. I am leaning toward the stick itself being the issue... any suggestions would be much apprecated. Thank you.

2. skidoo82

skidoo82 Junior Member
    from NH

Put a new fishstick in and now I have "control" but only moves toward right with every button I push

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

New or existing setup?

4. skidoo82

skidoo82 Junior Member
    from NH

its an existing set up. Found there is no voltage going to Solonoid 3. Disconnected the 3 wire harness and checked for voltage at the blue s3 wire truck side and there is nothing. have no continuity from controler connector to 3 pin truck side connector, used short detector and found wire corroded and broken just on the inside of the 3 wire connector truck side, now waiting on a pig tail to repair

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine