1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1075 tyrnex snow ex spreader question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plow4u, Jan 25, 2002.

1. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

Thinking about buying a Tyrnex 1075 spreader. Anyone have any problems and how reliable are they without the vibrator. Running a Meyers Mini now would like to get some input before spending that kind of money?

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I have a fisher 2 stage that works well it ran about $2,200 a few years ago uninstalled.The unit that you are looking at has and augar rather a chain or belt.I have found with mine is that you can't load it up all they way and plow all day then sand right after becuase of compation on these units.V boxes are different my works the best when it's loadeed up and spread right away as that one must be.

3. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

We've got one. It works ok with material that is not "packy". Never run bagged material through this one, and I think that bagged tends to be a bit more uniform than bulk. We had problems with material packing with some lot sof bulk, worked fine with others. Finally put the vibrator kit on and that took care of the problem.

4. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Workable. But-----

We've got 4 of them and like them. Never had much problems. Controllers usually the first to go. You can buy re-bilt controllers from the manufacturer for around $100.00. We have several back up controllers on the shelf. If you are going to be doing alot of spreading I would really consider getting a mini vibrator. They're cheap and easy to install. We will be ordering vibrators soon. We look forward to trying them out. IF I had to to it all over again AND IF I had the money, I'd probably go with one of the units that has the small conveyeor system. I think Western has one or maybe a Speedcaster? I'm not sure. The main reason is the compaction problem.. Good Luck