1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1075 Motor Warranty

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Scottscape, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I recently had the motor in my 1075 go out which is 21 mos. old. Snow ex gives a 2 year warranty. I called the dealer I got it with receipt and he said that I would have to purchase a new motor for 280.00 and bring my old one in and they would send it back to trynex "to see if they would cover it". This seems like of bs to me beings that is why I buy everything with a warranty. It has now been 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything. I am starting to think this is going to go down hill....

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

It is BS, but I haven't found a way around it yet, took 6 weeks before I got an answer

3. timsteinman30

timsteinman30 Member

Call snow ex and talk to Seth or Brian. Wait they don't call you back. I have a 575and replaced motor 1-28-08,12-08-09 and went out 12 12-07-10. Called Seth at snowex and never got call back so I called his boss and he said he would call in 2 hours. Turned into 3 weeks and I had to call him. Guess what no warranty. Snow ex sell sh*t

4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

so did they replace it? I have all receipts and trynex will find themselves in small claims court.

5. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Sorry for the delay. As you can imagine, our phones are ringing off the hook this time of year, but we try to respond as timely as we can. If you want to message me the name of your dealer and the serial number of the spreader, I’ll try to get you an update. Thanks!

6. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

.........pm sent

7. timsteinman30

timsteinman30 Member

you would think if the phone is ringing off the hook during this time of year they would hire more people from lets say... nov-march.

8. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Got it. I'll see what I can find out for you. Thanks!

9. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

The warranty issue with my spreader motor has not been resolved. I am out 280.00 for a part that was well under warranty. I am a paying customer and I think my problem should be adressed. If you want to give a warranty with your product you should honor it. It is poor enough that it is a parts only warranty and the customer has to fix a faulty spreader motor that is under warranty to start with. The reason I buy new is so that I do not have these problems and my equipment is under warranty.. If I knew that I would be out 280.00 I would have not replaced it. If this issue isn't resolved in a week Im going to file a small claims suit with the clerk of courts from which county I purchased the spreader. This is absurd

10. timsteinman30

timsteinman30 Member

sorry scott,
    But I have had nothing but problems with SnoEX. There product is junk. I think we have no other choice but to post on all forums here about there GREAT product:)

11. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

As we mentioned through private message, your dealer hasn’t registered the warranty claim in our Warranty Central system, so we don’t have any information on this particular claim. However, we really do want to help you out and get the warranty issue resolved quickly, but we’ll need some more information from you. Please call 1-800-SALTERS and ask for customer service. I’m letting everyone in the department know about your situation, and they’ll be expecting a call from you. That will be the best and quickest way to resolve this type of problem. Also, please don’t think that we don’t honor our warranties...it’s just that the product isn’t registered in our system, but we’ll find a way to work around this. Thanks!

12. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

13. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

You do realize that most warranties are not a no questions asked and only cover manufactures defects right. If you didn't spray off your spreader after every use it will most likely be lack of maintenance that will void it.

14. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I want to give an update on the whole warranty spreader situation. I still have not yet received a credit for the 280.00 motor that I purchased out of my own pocket. Now the one I purchased has gone bad as well in less than a month. They have informed me that my only choice is to purchase a yet a 2nd additional motor for the spreader after the first one. Remember this spreader is still under warranty and the motor I purchased to replace the original motor (still under warranty) has now gone bad at 4am in an event today. To add to this while I was at the dealer today where I purchased the spreader and the first replacement motor the dealer contacted Brian at snowex to see what he wanted to do. Brian told my dealer to hold and he would get someone else to "help" us 5 mins. later Brian got back on the phone and he said "he knew what I did to the motor" insinuating that I did something to the spreader motor ..like I enjoy working on equipment in the middle of a storm at 4 am when we have to low tolerance locations to be serviced by 7am and digging 700lbs of salt out of a tailgate spreader. I take very good care of my equipment and wash them every after every storm. You will find minimal surface rust one this spreader. Needless to say I have now purchased a 2nd motor out of pocket. My dealer believes I will be credited.

I will give snowex credit where credit is due. They need to make this right. I would NEVER treat my customer this way.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  15. timsteinman30

timsteinman30 Member

Sorry buddy, but that's the crappy have dealt with

16. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

any update? i just had to buy a motor for my 575

17. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Nope no update. As of right now I'm out 515.00 for 2 motors that were under warranty.

18. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Still out additional 235.00 (dealers cost) for the 2nd motor. Someone needs to step up to the plate

19. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Actually, our records indicate that your dealer was credited for the second motor on March 10th. If you need further assistance from us, feel free to message me with your phone number, and we'll give you a call. I hope this helps!

20. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Refund was credited to my account today. Thanks for your response to my warranty claim. Snow Ex has made it right guys I would say you are good to go with the assurance of them backing there warranties.