1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bigrdstud06, Oct 19, 2010.

1. bigrdstud06

bigrdstud06 Junior Member

Hey guys I dont Know to much about the whole plow thing.. But i was given a western 8ft plow off of a 84 truck that has been redone. I have a 2003 chevy silverado 2500. I was wondering what all i would need to do to make this plow fit my truck. I know i will have to get a bracket and a new wiring harness. So i was wondering exactly what bracket and wiring harness i would need. I appreciate any help that you guys can give me.. Thank you very much

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Conventional mount? Unimount or Ulltramount? If it's a conventional mount forget it even though it was free, your trucks far too new for an antique. Costs, liability and just overall non compatibility would far outweigh the freebie price. A Uni is do-able but not inexpensive by any means. An Ultra would be the least pricey but not without some costs either.

3. bigrdstud06

It is a unimount and i believe they dont make the brackets anymore but i found one for my truck for 400.00. The priced seemed fair to me. But i dont no anything about the harness or anything i will need. I have the harness off of his truck but im sure it wont work. Thanks for you help and help it appreciated.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The mount is the toughest part since the Uni series has been out of production as a complete assembly for some time now and can be very tough to locate. So you already have the hard to source part covered. All the necessary wiring can be bought new at any time. Expect another $500 or so additional investment for it though, it's not inexpensive to update a two plug Uni to a late model truck.

5. bigrdstud06

Where would the best place to buy the wiring harness and everything at? Thank you

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Give us a call, more than likely we have everything in stock 877-361-2227