1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

106ksqft apt pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by big450es, Oct 27, 2011.

1. big450es

big450es Junior Member
    from PA

I had a company contact me to plow a apt complex that is 106,000 square feet. The said they would pay for a 2-4" snowfall about $210 to plow and salt. Im thinking it should take about 1500 lbs of salt and about 2 hours to finish. salt is about $90 a ton here so thats $140ish to do the lot then all the other expenses.

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

i'd tell them they aren't even close $ wise.

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Yeah I'd say they are off by a little!

4. Foz

Foz Senior Member

I'd say they are close.......$250 per plow and $200 per salt..............LOL

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

The first mistake

The first mistake was letting them set the price. Why don't you approach them and tell them what to rent an apartment for? I doubt they will listen. They will probably say you don't understand their cost of doing business.

Tell them they don't understand your cost either. You bid the job based on your cost or move on.

If you want help bidding jobs, check out our snow & ice bidding package at www.profitsareus.com.

Good luck this year!