1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bru z71, Feb 16, 2010.

1. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

ok so i noticed my tranny was a little warn like 189 lol had the plow in the same postition and i turned the heat all the way up and then it dropped down to 140 ish by turnin the heat on did that have anything to do with droppin the temp or the wind or somethin switch

2. Proplower85

Proplower85 Junior Member
    from NH

Your tranny was warm or your temp gauge on the dash was reading warm? The transmission will get warmer the more you work it. Usually the only way to cool it down is either with a Added cooler or just let the truck sit... Usually trucks come with cooler built in either in front of the rad. or in the rad... If the gauge on your dash is reading warm then that would be your motor. If you have the blade up and are running the motor driving it at around 2000 RPM constant it will build extra heat... When you angle it the air is allowed to enter the engine compartment and cool the motor. I almost always drive with my blade angled.