1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1000 Tailgate Spreader Controller Repair

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Snaaar, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

We replaced several controllers already. Our present controller when wired in will spin the auger motor at "10". On/off switch and speed control do not work (there is no way to turn power to the spreader off). Right now we are using a toggle switch to control the spreader.

This bad controller has a burnt component on the main circuit board. Don't know what it is called, but it has 3 prongs and is about 1/2" wide. The prongs plug into the main board, which is labelled as Douglas Dynamics PWM Controller Main Board.

This little component has a stylized F followed by N450AB in white print. Internet searches came up empty. I know this is a long shot, but do any of you know someone who works for Douglas Dynamics, Fisher, Western, Blizzard who could get this part for me?

A while back I repaired a controller this way, but the difference was I easily ordered the inexpensive part online and had it in a few days.

If I can't find this tiny cheap part, I'll have to buy a new controller as far as I know.

2. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Any ideas on this one? Western e-mailed me and said no parts are available, but I would think otherwise.

Is there a less expensive alternative to the Fisher controller? Do any of you guys just use a toggle switch? Maybe a lighted 3-way switch?

3. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

OK, does anyone have a controller that is junked that I can have or buy cheap? It is the newer type with lighted controls including a small round on-off button.