1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$1000 for a S130??????????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowguys, Oct 23, 2008.

1. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

hey guys ran into a guy that will lease his bobcat out for $1000 a month its a S130 for snow plowing its comeing with a plow,forks and bucket what do you guys think deal or no deal??????

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

sounds like a pretty good deal if you have enough to make it worth your while. s130 isnt the biggest machine. also check about insurance.... eg do you have to cover it, does he have it covered, are you covered on his to drive it.
  3. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member

Our local bobcat dealer leases them for 600 a month
  4. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

midtown you think its ok to plow with a s130?
  5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Sure plow with it. Might not be the most efficient, but if you think it is fair and you can make money at it. . . An S-220-300 would fit the bill for snow plowing much better, but do what you can afford. 2-speed with enclosed cab would be a better fit for snow, but I don't think you will find anyone willing to rent one out for $1000 a month.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sure you can plow with it. Not the best set-up but it will do just fine.
    I would check around on prices first.
  7. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

In Toronto a decent sized machine goes for $1400 -$1700
  8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

think i would shop around to buy a used one first.
    even if its a little beat, at least i would own it. 1000.00 a month seems like a lot to me for something i have to give back after.
  9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Agreed, but you would need the skills to be able to start the bugger on your own if it doesn't feel like cooperating at -20*

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

looks like the s130 is like 60 inch bucket with 50hp?

all depends on what you are going to use it for.
    doing docks? between trailers? apartment between cars?
    using it to square off a lot so trucks can push faster?

I needed a bigger machine to be more versatile to push larger piles and have more weight so that the machine wouldnt loose traction. I also needed to be able to stack snow and push piles back, back drag and fit in between trailers where a loader wouldn't

Some guys have told me before that with the lighter machines and a blade then have found the machine gets pushed around. 1 beause its single speed and you are not moving that fast and if you take to much snow its get pushed around.

I have found that in my position a blade with wings will suit me best, cause I can still backdrag, I can make a windrow and I can push similar to a pusher with the wings.
    I would ideally have a blizzard 86-11 but in 8ft blade i alreayd have with wings will be just fine. Then I can quick attach to a bucket to load a truck with sand if needed.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I had a 99 753 it worked for what it was, only 42.5hp. I had a 78" snow bucket on it that's about all she could do.
  12. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

it would be a s130 with a 7 blade on it i wanna use it to plow the lot along with a truck and stack snow and if i have to remove snow its a u shaped lot so i wannna start on both sides do you think i should go bigger?
  13. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

ok guys just got off the off with bobcat they want $1300 for a S250 with a snow bucket and i can allways go on crigs list and find a plow for 500-1000 bucks deal or no deal? ps the s130 no enclosed cab and no heat the s250 yes to both
  14. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

ok now im going nuts i found a 95 new holland L781 for sale for $6500 obo so im sure i can get it for 5500 the needs to sell it someone please help...hahahahaha :dizzy:
  15. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I doesnt matter what machine you buy but buy one of them . You will spend $4000 a year on renting a machine if you put that in a purchase thats $330 per month or about a $15,000.00 machine. As long as you plan on staying in this for the long haul thats the way to go . Now sure there may be some repairs etc but you will also have the machine all year for other BS work.

Id go with a lower houred smaller machine than a high houed big one and NO track machine ($$$$ repairs)

16. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI