1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

100% Customer Retention Rate!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnoJob67, Oct 25, 2002.

1. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

I have gotten committments from all of last year's customers. Despite the fact that many of the decision makers have changed, I was able to sell them on staying with us. I'm guessing that I had better thank my luck stars, 'cause I doubt this happens often.

This would be amazing to me if I scheduled a truck's worth of work. However, last year we ran 6 trucks and had grown at least threefold from the previous year making this feat even more amazing. I have always been told that commercial customers are not loyal, ALWAYS shop for the cheapest price, etc. There are exceptions to every rule and I believe that my successes are proof of that.

Keep believing those that tell you to act and work like a professional and you will be paid like a professional!
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Congratulations, SnoJob67. I agree with the comment about acting and working like a professional. Although I'm a small, one-man outfit, I'm getting accounts based on reputation although I'm higher than others with much more experience.
  3. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Same here 100% of all commercial lots for the last 8 yrs. & all the res. drives that I wanted to keep ( I didn't renew the offer to 3_ pain in the a$$ ones). But did get a new 7 acre com. lot just 5 miles from home :D . All we need now is SNOW or ICE & the $$$$ will be flying. :waving:

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

yep, same here 100% return for the last 5-6 years and several new accounts to boot. gotta love customer loyalty.:drinkup:
  5. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Wow! That is good to see that this may not be a freak thing. The more customers you keep, obviously the more you grow when adding new customers.

When in that position, it is easier to let the P.I.A.'s go just as fast as they came! With agressive sales and somewhat limited potential for growth it seems that if you treat people right, you will eventually have your choice of who your customers are rather than the other way around. This year we have already grown by 50% from last season and may double the amount of pavement we maintain if we pull in some of the last minute stragglers that have yet to commit.

Mick- Thanks for the congrats. My reward will come after the snow and ice fall from the heavens.
  6. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

We got everyone back also and we raised them 10% due to the higher cost of insurance and gas. It is always easier to renew contracts after a mild winter the year before.
  7. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

All but 2 from last season...
    One is old lady who I sould have never taken on in the first place.
    Other is out of my area this season....
  8. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

100% here too. In seventeen years of plowing I lost only to accounts moving out of my area ,bad payersand ones I just did not want any more do to location.
    I feel that if you tell account one thing,do it. Don't over load you self and you will always keep you accounts.