1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

100,000 miles on my 6.0L

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sodzilla, Nov 16, 2003.

1. sodzilla

sodzilla Junior Member

Yes it's true I have 100,000 miles on my '03 F350 with the 6.0L W/auto trans.Just turned it today. Currently my job is hauling cattle all over Wisconsin.I average around 400 miles a day 6 days a week. My build date was in Nov. 02 got the truck in Dec. and put on the road Jan. 1 st. yes I worked on new years day( I dont drink). I had a few poblems w/sensors and had the computer updated twice.But thats been it. After talking to my dealer yesterday and telling them I was going to turn 100,000 they said as far as they know I have the most miles on e in the country.

I've had really good luck with Fords.I've had a '97 F250(200,000 miles),'99 F250 (sold with 280,000 miles), and a '01 F250(sold with 285,000 miles). Only major repair was a tranny in the '01 at around 215,00 miles. All of them were 4x4's, P.S. with autos. Almost forgot '89 dually with a 460 w/auto (189,000)

As you can see I drive way to much. I'm quiting next spring to start a lawn care company and will be plowing in the winter. I'm glad I stubbled across lawnsite and then to plowsite because there is so much info here.

Thanks for your time,

2. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

That is awesome, I have a june 03 built F-450 with a 6.0 PSD and only 5,000 miles after reading posts and talking to some of the guys with the 6.0PSD I was wondering if it was going to hold up after all I did buy this truck with the thought in mind that I it would last at least the term of the loan.....

I will say I am very happy with the tranny shifting in tow/haul mode. I have this on my Chevy 2500HD and the only real difference I notice in tow/haul mode it the indicator light is on.

Just my two cents