1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

100,000 mile warranty

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dlcs, Oct 8, 2010.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I may be mistaken but it seems like my dealer mechanic said that when Chevy came out with the 100k mile warranty in 07 that it covered u-joints and brakes. I see the 2011's 100k warranty doesn't cover as much. Did GM change the warranty? I remember thinking it was odd that GM would include brakes under a drivetrain warranty, when i bought my 07.

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Unless i'm extremely mistaken, the GM 100,000 mile warranty is drivetrain exclusive. There is almost no warranty out there that will cover normal wear items such as brakes, ujoints, and the such.

3. tac48

tac48 Member

The 100K warranty is for "powertrain" and GM has made some changes as to what is covered. GM warranty has become more complicated over the past few years. You have the factory bumper to bumper 3/36, 100k powertrain, Certified Used, GMPP, emissions warr, lifetime parts and labor, reman trans 3yr-100k, t-case 2/24, engine, etc.. Lets not forget about recalls and special policies. The only way to know for sure what you have or what you are getting is to have the dealer look it up by the VIN. Regardless of what you have, don't be surprised if your dealer wants you to sign for diagnosis of the concern before determining if it covered. If it is covered you don't pay diagnosis, if it is not covered you may have to pay for diagnosis.

4. GLHVAC

GLHVAC Junior Member

I just had my 2008 2500hd in for the u-joints and they where covered under warranty. They even replaced the broken exhaust manifold bolts under the powertrain warranty. and my truck has 68,000 on it.

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I found out that if you have a 2007 or a 2008 the "powertrain warranty" cover ALOT more. i thought my dealer replaced the rotors undere the powertrain warranty at 40,000 miles but he said no, all I know is i didn't have to pay for it. Must have been under the 36,000 miles then. But anyway it does cover alot more than the powertrain, u-joints, water pump, starter, and lots more. GM changed this in 2009 because they lost money and basically it only cover the power train now, nothing else.

6. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

My U joints had 150,000 miles on them before I replaced them and they didn't really need it I just had the drive shaft out for another reason and decided to do it then. Im not surprised they are warranting them for 100K