1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10 wheel F350? ? ?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nms0219, Jan 12, 2012.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I've never seen one, but I must admit it's kinda cool. Check out the huge bags in the rear.

3. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

seen alot of tandem pickup trucks most setup for field spraying on farms there used to be a company that modified pickups with a live tandem rear end

4. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

Must have been an 80's thing. The next town someone owns a 6 wheel e350 camper van. Two single wheel'd axles on the rear. Also one gas station I pass as a 84 ish chevy c30 flatbed with a tag axle.

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I believe the company was USA 6x6, they are now out of business. I also found this online, not a USA 6x6 rig but same concept nonetheless....http://dodgeram.org/ki4cy/ram_picts/Trex.htm

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

8. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Yup I seen one of those about 10 years back. But it wasn't lifted.

9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Makes perfect sense if the guy either likes his truck---A WHOLE LOT and/or can't afford something bigger and/or doesn't want anything bigger and/or he's just being proactive and wants to be DOT compliant with heavy loads.

10. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

But would he be DOT compliant?? Cuz the GVW on the cab door is still going to say the samething as if its an single axle. Plus he still has the stock front axle rating. To be it would be nothing but trouble with the DOT

11. tuney443

Yes,good point Mackman but I did say ''wants to be DOT compliant''.Whether he is or not might depend on the officer's personality/interpretation.Much to my pleasant surprise,lately by me the Nazi police have only been going on my registered weight,NOT my GM door placard weights which are slightly lower.Now if the loader operator only loaded me correctly about a month ago so that most of the load was up front and NOT mostly on my rear axle,I wouldn't have gotten an ''Overweight on Axle'' ticket but that's another story.

12. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

13. Mackman

from S.E. PA

I hear ya. A buddy of mine in a tri/axle dump truck got poped by the DOT. He was over on one of his axles. Had to get in the back and shovel the stone towards the front to get his axle weights legal.

14. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Fixed it for you.:)

I din't see a picture of the door tag. How do you know they didn't change it?

GVWR doesn't mean carp here anyway.

15. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Your right. I dont know. But i dont know alot of things anyway. lol

16. tuney443

Yup,that's a perfect example of what I just said.My guy was actually the nicest DOT officer I ever met.He advised me to plead innocent,come see him in court and he would recommend to the judge I get an ACD [adjournment with contemplation of dismissal].I asked him about that in sort of disbelief,he said yeah,it should fly.Shaked his hand. We'll see what happens 2/16.I'm thinking this guy's wife really took good care of him before work that day big time.:)