1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' Western snowplow transfer.

Discussion in 'Western SnowPlows' started by jakegypsum, Jan 28, 2002.

1. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

I have a 10' Western plow that I have set up with a 1984' Ford F-700. (Conventional style hood, not tilt style hood). This has been a great combo but I am planning to trade the truck and update to a new F-650/750 style Ford. My question is, can I transfer this plow rig to the new truck without too much of a problem? I have seen new heavy Ford trucks with new Western plows in my area. It looks to me like Western makes a new style type of harness that will fit the new type Ford truck and still work with my conventional style plow and hydro components/controls. Is there anyone out there who could possibly confirm this? Thanks for any help. Jake.

2. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

If you need info call Modern Seely equiptment in Farmingdale NJ Get through to the parts department and ask for Jim. I have had some western issues in the past and he seems to know it all.

3. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Thanks Landman for your reply. I will give him a call. From what I have seen, this transfer should not be too much of a prob as long as I can get the same parts that I have seen on the other rigs recently. Thanks again. Jake.