1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' v-plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fulltiltwill, Oct 20, 2006.

1. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I was looking for any info on the truck mount specs for a 10' V vs. one for a 9-2 or 8-2 V.
    Are they the same or are the locking pins bigger?
    Is the width of the A frame mounts the same or wider?
    Is the wire harness the same for the plow?
    My thought was to try and find a truck mount and wire harness off ebay but didn't know if a regular mount and harness will work and there is no info on thier web page.
    Thanks for your help!

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i do know that the truck side mount is different. basically it looks like they doubled everything up, 2 braces stacked next to each other on each side. i am sure that the everything on the plow is bigger. not sure about the pins though. not to many people buy them, i have only ever seen one on a f 450.

3. brookview

brookview Junior Member

What would you mount it on ? it is a lot taller and heavier than a 9-2

4. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I am planning to put it on a 85 k3500 service body. It already has way beefier springs than a normal 1 ton. I bought it that way so I don't know axactly what it would hold but it is a 6 pack leaf spring. As far as the plow, It was in a storage space that I won the auction bid for, along with a bunch of other stuff and junk.
    I was just trying to figure out if I could make it work with out spending a lot of more money. I'm going to call my local Boss dealer come Monday to see what knew stuff will run.

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

you need to find out what the front GAWR is, then weight the front of your truck and see if you have enough carrying capacity left.

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im not sure if you can put a 10 foot plow on that truck. Have you seen one in person? They are absolutly huge! I know a guy that has one on a F550 Dump. Nice setup. Do some research, and check with Boss.

7. brookview

brookview Junior Member

I would try it. But if it dont work let me know i might be intrested if price is right thanks dan