1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' V blade dilema

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by deluxeco, Nov 26, 2007.

1. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

My 10' v blade burps up fluid everytime the plow is lifted up and down, the fluid pours out the reservoir breather and continues to do so until it almost runs out. I cannot find anything obvious, we are using Boss fluid and filling it to the proper level, we even switched breathers, just wondering if anyone had a similar issue.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It pushes fluid out when raising and when lowering?
    Or just when raising..or just when lowering?

Does it stop leaking out as soon as the plow stops moving?

3. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

appears to be only when raising, seems to not take in fluid after ram retraction, just spits some out the overflow.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What filling procedure are you using?
    Sure sounds like it's overfull..

If your extend the wings and then raise it does it still push fluid out?

5. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

Loose fittings on the valve block caused system to suck in air and expel it through the overflow. Thanks to my local hydraulic shop the problem is fixed after local dealers scratched thier heads for two years.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So this wan't a new problem...Hmm, can't believe it didn't leak fluid at the loose fitting... exactly which fitting did they find loose?