1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' steel cutting edge - How to tell std hwy punch?

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by pohouse, Dec 17, 2011.

1. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

I will be needing a cutting edge for my 10' monroe. 5/8" thick by 8" high. Top punched. What are the measurements for standard highway punch? I would like to confirm what type of cutting edge I have, before purchasing a replacement. Also, any good suppliers for municipal blades? I found that Mill supply (discountsnowplowparts.com) carries them at a good price. Thanks for any info.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

SHP = 3-3-12 punch. If you put a tape measure on it it would read 3"-6"-18"-30" and so on. Hole 1.5" down from the top. Freight would killer on a blade that size.

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Contact Winter Equipment.
    I have some Monroe plows and buy all my edges from them

4. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks. I found a supplier in Omaha. No shipping required.Thumbs Up

5. LON

LON Senior Member

If my daughter had her truck here at home I could have sent one with her when she heads back to college at Eastern Wyoming in Torrington.

Lon Seigworth
    VP
    Seigworth Road Supply, Inc.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

All 10' to the best of my knowledge are std highway punch for the most part