1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' Power V....

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by InPlowBoy, May 19, 2009.

1. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

Can a 10' Power V from an F550 be mounted on an F350 and be useable? How much weight difference between a 9'2" and a true 10' Power-V? Will the F350 handle it alright? I have seen it done before. Just wanted some input.

InPlowBoy....

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

it can be done but its going to take quite a toll on your front end.
    9.2 weighs 838 lbs with about 100lb mount
    10 weighs 1105lbs with about a 150lb mount

my boss has three f-350 chassis cabs 1 08 1 09 1 04 with 10' v's out front and he put an extra leaf on the 04 and heavier coils in the 08 and 09 and it carries them well but the trucks are pretty new. ones a super cab and 2 are regular cabs and all 3 have dumping flatbeds on them.. personally id rather have a 9.2 with wings the 10' plows move pretty slow just my opinion.

3. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

Thanks for your input sir.... Anyone have anymore?

I would rather have a 9'2" myself but, I am having trouble findind a used one at this point in time inthe dollar range that I am after....

I thought there would be a whole slue of them for sale by now. Especiallly wit the economy the way that it is now....

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

keep an eye on ebay and just search boss plows then go and filter it so it shows plows closer to your zip first. even a 8.2 will come out to be 10' with boss wings and it will be more functional if you have drive thrus and other tight places to do not too mention it will way a heck of a lot less. also installs on those 10' v's cost a lot more...

5. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

Like lawnprolandscapes said get a 8'2" or 9'2" and put wings on either. Thats what I do and it works excellent, now a 9'2" with wings is over 11' straight and a lil tricky to transport if you leave the wings on like I do but its great to plow with and in scoop carries alot of snow. Boss wings are very diffucult to find used more than likely you will have to buy them new and there right around $700-$800

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You could always put 550 springs on your 350.