1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' plow/v box salter sub rates?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Kentuckydiesel, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

I have a '91 F800 with a 10' Valk plow and a Henderson Chief hydraulic drive salter. Had bought it cheap and intended to resell it, but may end up keeping it around. If I were to sub for someone, what kind of hourly rate should I expect?

Thanks, Phillip

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would pay 85 an hour for plowing, and 70 an hour for salting with that equipment.

3. Kentuckydiesel

Would that salting rate be using your salt or mine? What situations where plowing and salting would be done in the same pass?

Thanks,
    Phillip

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

not being funny...does it snow much in KY? got any pics of the setup?
    steve

5. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

i wouldnt work it for anything less then 100/hr

6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

About the only people I know that plow and salt on the same pass, would be DOT, City, or County plows. Most of the time in lots, you plow it off then swing back through the lot, and salt it. Otherwise you take a chance of pushing your salt right off the lot into a big pile of snow. 70 an hour for salting would be using my salt.

7. Kentuckydiesel

We do get snow through the winter, but not as much as I would like. ;) Usually not too heavy...usually only a couple snows around a foot deep each winter. The good side is, when snow comes in, people tend to flip out and want everything plowed and salted until the pavement is bare.

I understand that wouldn't fly in lots, but there are occasionally neighborhoods who need their streets done. In that case, a guy could save fuel plowing and salting in the one pass.

-Phillip