1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' Plow Question...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Bevo916, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Bevo916

Bevo916 Junior Member

I have a 10 foot snowplow on a F700 dump truck. The plow seems to wear the shoes or the cutting edge on the left side(drivers side). I put a new cutting edge on at the begining of winter and the drivers side is already wore an inch off yet the passenger side is not worn. What could be causing this ? Any advice.

Thanks
    Bevo916

2. Whip

Whip Member

I would have to guess a slightly bent "A" frame. If it was a case of the "A" frame not being level but being straight, both sides would wear evenly.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I assume your plowing roads with that big of a truck. So you are always plowing in the right direction. Every other storm you need to un bolt your cutting edge and flip it around so you wear it down evenly.

4. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

Do you plow with the blade angled in one direction more than in the other direction? Did it just start to do this? Good luck - let us know.

5. Whip

Whip Member

Wow-I'm an idiot. Didn't even think about the road plowing. :eek:
    I will still stand behind the "A" frame being level statment-for the most part. Contour of the roads will also dictate......

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  6. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

Don't forget that most road have crowns in the middle and a 10' plow is much heavier.

Brian

7. Bevo916

Bevo916 Junior Member

Hello,

Sorry for the delay...Yes I use it to plow streets. The plow is angled to the right most of the time. I used it again today and and the left side is really wearing out fast. I parked the truck in the garage and set the plow down, the drivers side is wore down and the passenger side is off the ground about 3/4 inch. I understand the roads have a crown in them but would that make that much difference?

Thanks
    Bevo916

8. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

This is from the Meyer website................

Why is my cutting edge wearing unevenly? The plow does not sit flat on the ground when fully angled. This will occur when the clevis height on the vehicle is not correct. On the E-Z Mount or Custom Mount the clevis height with a TM series plow will be 9-1/2" and with an ST or a C series plow it will be 10-1/2". The clevis height is measured from the ground to the center of the pin that connects the plow to the vehicle. On the MDII the measurement will be 11-1/4". This measurement is from the ground to the center of rear hole on clevis where the rear blue pin slides through. Note: These measurements are taken when the plow is on the ground or off the vehicle.

Brian