1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' Monroe Hydraulic V-box Salt Spreader ...michigan

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

Dont know exact year but i would say its 3 years old....maybe used a couple of times.

this unit came on a truck that i purchased last year......i drove it home from PA and tried to salt with it and the trucks rear end gave out and it wasnt worth it for us to put anymore money into the truck.l

It holds about 5 yards and is in excelent shape....the outside paint is still glossy. Inside as some light sufrace rust and the chain is a little rusty

The spreader doesnt come with the Hydraulic lines that go from the spreader to the truck

This spreader can spread some serious salt in a night and be a gold mine.

Seller will assist in loading on truck or trailer

Model MV Features:

Bolt-on spinner assembly
    4-bolt flange bearings
    1-1/2" idler shaft
    Spring loaded chain take-up bearing
    Front and rear wipers
    Rear diverter chute
    Formed chain shields, 10 gauge
    1/4"x1-1/2" bar flights
    50:1 gearbox with 1-1/2" drive shaft
    Top screens

ASKING $5500 OBO
  2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

picture of salter

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

hey guys i lowered my price to 4500.....

give me some feed back

Am i too High on price or is just no one in the market fir a hydro v box?
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think you are too high at $4500.

You are in the catch 22 situation. There are not many guys that use a spreader that big. When you need one there are no used ones for sale and when you are selling one nobody is looking to buy. I have had to buy 2 new ones in the last 2 years. They are 4.4 cubic yards, Swenson, and I paid $8000 Canadian for each plus 14% tax.