1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' MC install on F550

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 06HD BOSS, Nov 6, 2007.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Within the next week my girlfriends cousin and i are gonna start the install of a 10' MC on his 05 F550. Before we start im wondering if there are any tricks or helpful hints with the install on this truck. We're doing the complete install, every nut, bolt & wire. Just seeing if theres anything i should know before we go into this. :cool:

2. Ryno

Ryno Junior Member

I have the same truck with a 9' X-blade. The MC was amazingly slow. You need to start raising it long before you actually need it raised. Good luck though. Post some pictures when its done.

3. 06HD BOSS

i ran one on a f650 a couple years ago...it is slow, but it also weighs about 1500 lbs. anything to know about the install?

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Everything on it is just heavy!! what are you going to move the parts around with? Other than that it is the same hydraulic system as the rest of the product line and i would assume that the wiring and whatnot is just like another ford electronics.....just even more room to work under the hood! :)

5. 06HD BOSS

we got 3 guys and some floor jacks.

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Mounts are the hardest part of that install,read the instructions a few times before you even start,probably need to jack the truck up to gain clearance between the springs and frame to slide the mount in on each side(this is big fun the first time!)there are trans/oil cooler lines that will probably rub on the bottom inside of the driver side mount,be sure to protect those with a piece of rubber.Take your time and it should be a piece of cake for 2 or 3 guys(I get to do it alone:( )

7. 06HD BOSS

Thanks Arc, exactly the kind of info i was looking for.

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sharp 1/2" drill bit with a good pilot bit on a AIR drill unless you like to break wrist using an elctric drill.

9. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

If you dont have a 17/32 drill bit in good condition go buy one. You will have to drill around 12 holes total. Other than that just lay everything out and take your time.

10. 06HD BOSS

Holy cow :eek:
    Thats why i like my Boss. all bolt holes on the plow frame already had factory holes in the truck frame

11. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Yea thats because you have a CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!! Western and fisher mounts for a chevy are the same way. Every snow plow mount no matter what the brand on a ford you need to drill holes. :realmad:

12. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

except for the 97 350 i guess haha, i was sooo happy when i found out that i didnt need to drill holes, but you gotta unbolt the shock tower, and the stupid mount is six pieces:dizzy:

06HD, definelty try to get some pics of the intstall! - Nick

13. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Amen! my favorite mount to install,20-30 minutes tops after you've done a few:)

14. 06HD BOSS

will do. he's a procrastinator and wont get in gear till he probably hears theres snow in the forecast. im telling him lets do it while its still somewhat warmer out.