1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' LiveBoxx

Discussion in 'METAL PLESS Snow Plows / Wing Plows / Box Plows' started by IMAGE, Feb 8, 2014.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I'll get some more pics soon. We've been passing it around to guys around town to demo and getting some nice responses.

IMG_1753s.jpg

IMG_1753s.jpg

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

does it have a angle ram or is it a fix mount like a pusher

3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Its a fix mount like a pusher. They are coming out with angle plows and hydraulic wing plows with this kind of cutting edge, but on special order only.
    Here is a video of the cutting edges in action.http://youtu.be/qRJghhd5MXc

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That looks like it would do a great job!

All compression springs?

What would pricing be on say an 8 foot and a 10 foot skid steer mount model?

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

An 8 foot with 36 inch moldboard and wings weighs 1470 lbs and retails for $7,315.00 US + shipping. A 10 foot weighs 1700 lbs and retails $7,800 + shipping.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

wow ..............................

7. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

That video was hypnotic......

8. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

I believe the bar has been raised. Impressive!

9. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

I want one

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Wade I can deliver this one to you.

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Wade, I have a Hyd wing plow here too... If you want :)

12. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Does the hitch slip on the backside? Neige, when you say retail, is that as good as it gets? I have 2 10' ld arctics on large skids that we were looking at replacing with new arctics but this has me intrigued because essentially it looks as though it would do as good as an arctic but not have the rubber block issues. My skid guys seem to tweak the side plates on the arctics but thoese are braced which would help. I would love to get more info on these and where the closest dealer is to nw Indiana. My only concern would be getting parts when things break.

13. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

You didn't watch the whole thing did you? The disclaimer in the invisible print at the beginning says: "Warning, this video may be hypnotic, do not watch more than 30 seconds"

14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Yes it does, it will also pivot left and right. A dealer may sell for less. As for parts there are really hardly and parts at all, and should you need parts we can get them shipped to you, usually by next day.

15. s_aloisio

s_aloisio Member

does Metal Pless make a tractor subframe mount? or loader only?

16. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Yes Metal Pless makes a universal subframe mount.

17. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I am very interested in purchasing one of these boxes to give it a try on a large skid steer. Neige, I emailed and pm you about it last week. Let me know who I need to talk to in the states and where the nearest dealer is. I'm from northern Indiana.

18. Neige

Neige Sponsor

The closest dealer would be Ebling and Son Blacksmiths in Kentwood MI.
    they have two 14 foot loader models on the way and one 10 foot skid steer model. Talk to Jim 616-532-8400

19. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

What does Metal Pless mean/stand for??

20. Neige

Neige Sponsor

The company is founded in Plessisville, so they came up with the name Metal Pless.