1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' Horst Plow, Hydraulic End Plates

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by A Man, Nov 15, 2010.

1. A Man

A Man Senior Member

10' Horst Snow Plow with hydraulic end plates and full hydraulic angle. Great condition, all new hoses, cutting edges are 80%+. Ready to work. Alo quick attach, Steel trip edge with all new springs.

$3500.00 takes it.

Horst #1.jpg

horst #3.jpg

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's a good deal. The hydraulic end plates are worth almost that much new.

3. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

What kind of attachment does it have???? For skiddy ?/

4. A Man

A Man Senior Member

It actually has Aloe quick attach, we just hooked our skid steer into it to move it around, horst sells the mounting plates separately for any type of machine.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Or you could just cut the Aloe off and buy a skid base plate off ebay or wherever.

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Whats an aloe quick attach?
    What machine did you have this mounted too?

7. A Man

A Man Senior Member

JD Dave just confirmed, I believe the proper name is global quick attach. I'm not certain but I believe Aloe is a type of loader for tractors which uses global quick attach.

8. JohnnyRoyale

Do you have a better pic of the mounts?
    Are the end gates controlled hydraulically or electric over hydraulic?

9. A Man

A Man Senior Member

It was mounted to a Horst under mount 4 link frame, on a Deere 7230.

10. A Man

A Man Senior Member

I can get you better pictures tomorrow, the end plates are hydraulic. it's set to have both plates run on one remote,

11. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Where are you located?

12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

13. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

This is a great deal. I have extra skid mount couplers in the yard if anyone needs one. Should be fairly easy to remove the Alo quickie (torch cut ) and weld on the std skid QA plate. Good deal!! If this was a month earlier I would have bought it but right now we are ready to go for this season.

BTW Alo quickie is a popular agricultural tractor QA system. They are reliable and strong.

14. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Unless your skid has power beyond hyd's you would need to add some electric valves to make it work. It will go directly onto a 570 provided the machine has the 5 valve rear remotes ( like ours do) If not you will again have to add the electric hyd valves and switches to make it work properly. The electric valves are reliable. We have them on our skids and two loader hook ups.

15. A Man

A Man Senior Member

Plow is sold! Thanks Plowsite!

16. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I'll post pics when it's on my loader.

17. JohnnyRoyale

Good score!