1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10 foot Snow Blower for loader NEW NEVER USED

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by TheEquineFencer, Feb 27, 2011.

1. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I have freind that bought a 10ft or so wide SnowPacker Snow Blower from an airport and decided he is not going to use it and does not need it. It's never been used or even hooked to a loader. The guy at the airport said they paid $22,000.00 for it when they bought it. He wants $5000.00 for it. Call or e-mail me if you want it. Links to pics below.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu145/TheEquineFencer/Allensstuff018.jpg
    http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu145/TheEquineFencer/Allensstuff011.jpg
    http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu145/TheEquineFencer/Allensstuff010.jpg

Floyd T. Moore
    2101 Taylor Road
    Farmville, NC 27828
    919-810-1965
    TheEquineFencer@AOL.com

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in THIS country who no longer understand it.'

2. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

Can you advise... the airport used it but the new owner has not. Just wondering how it works

3. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

The airport NEVER used it, it's never been hooked to a machine.

4. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

If you look at the pics, the paints never been chipped off where you hook it to a loader. When he got it, the skid was still strapped to the thing, but moving it around it came off. It had the metal straps still on the shipping skid.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  5. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

How many hydraulic remotes do you need to run this thing? Does it come with a control? Or do you just use the loaders third valve?

6. Squires

Squires Senior Member

It has clearly been used as there is visible paint worn off the Chutes, It is in great shape mostly because salt isn't used at airports to rust the **** out of stuff

7. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I'm not going to argue with you, I'm showing you what it looks like and what he was told and what it looks like to me. As far as we've heard, all it's done was sit outside in the weather.

8. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

That things gotta require massive GPM!!! Do you know how many?

9. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

Not trying to be smart, but what you see is what you get. I know Allen talked with some people last year when he thought about using it. They told him it would work best with a loader with a hydrostatic drive. I'm not into hydraulics like this. I know that with a hydrostatic drive you could keep the engine turned up to run the blowers and be able to go slow enough not to overload the augers. I'd have to go back over there and get some more pictures and such and send to you if you're seriuosly interested. I know you would need a couple of valves to move the two chutes, they move independantly of each other. I'm not sure about the augers and blowers how they are plumbed. Looking at thepictures, it looks like the augers are runoff the same gear box the blowers are run from. My best guess would be you'd need a contstaint high flow to the motors to run it and two valves to move the chutes unless you left them fixed.

10. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I guess I could go back over there and see if I can get some info off the data tags from the motors and figure out the GPM. I'm sure it's a huge GPM. Allen said the guy told him it was supposed to blow snow a LOOOONG Ways.

11. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

If someone from up North comes to get it with a trailer, there may be a way I can "help you out on fuel", there's an old Buick Electra I'm looking at in Pennsylvania. If the people would get off thier butt, I'd probably buy it if I could get it home without costing me a whole lot.

12. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Heck i'd love to own that, only problem is the GPM, I don't think I have a machine with enough GPM's to run that sucker.

CAn you get a GPM for us on it?

13. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I'll go over there this afternoon and get some more info on it if I get a chance. With gas like it is, it'll cost me at least $6.00 with my Geo Metro, it only get's around 40-50 MPG now.

14. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You will probably need a separate power pack to run that thing.

15. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

I didn't make it over there this afternoon, he just got home. I'll go first thing in the morning. He said with those two motors, he thought it shouldn't take much more than 20 GPM. I know I've seen them run on loaders and they didn't have seperate power unit.

16. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I bet that thing will need at least 40gpm. My blower for the skid takes 20 and that thing is more than twice the size.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah I agree. Thats a big machine. If you can get a serial number on it, we could search for it online or call the company and get a for sure number.

18. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

When it get's light in the morning I'll go over and get everything off it I can find. I'd like to know myself and I'm sure he would too. When I first saw everything he bought, I tried to talk him into building a set of lift arms and mounting it on the front of the OshKosh "snorkle fire truck" he bought. Now that would make an awsome machine. It's a BIG 4 x 4 pusher chassis with a 8V71 Detroit in the rear with something like a 6 or 8 speed Allison. It also has a 6-53 Detriot in the middle of the truck that runs a fire pump. I told him we could take the fire pump out and hang a hydraulic pump on it to run the blower and put a set of chains on all 4 wheels and have a MONSTER of snow plow truck. He's going to take the 6V53 out and use it for a water pump for something. He's going to take the rest of the truck apart later on a sell it too I think. I'll get some pictures of that too. It's a neat truck, looks like it could go anywhere. I figured I'd get the nunbers from the pumps and such and see what it takes to run them if I can. I think the body of the truck is Stainless Steel if memory serves me correctly. I'll see if Linda will let me take the wireless card with me and the laptop, I'll post the pictures from there and if there's anyone online while I'm there I can find out and get what they want while I'm there. I doubt it's as a high as 40 GPM, we had a Kershaw Clear Way cutter when I worked at the City of Wilson that ran two 30 GPM cutting heads, the motors/pumps on it were where 3-4 times as big as these. That snorkle truck would push a big straight or V blade. He said that thing would get up and go too. It's a really low hour engine/truck too. I'll get some info off it too if someone needs a Detroit or Allison.

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That thing has some serious hours on it.

Didn't we do this a year or two ago?

20. TheEquineFencer

TheEquineFencer Member

And how did you come to that conclusion? It's been sitting outside the whole time they had it. I'll go get more info on it and better pictures and maybe you guys will quit bashing me.