1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' Fisher MC Skidsteer plow build

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Aug 30, 2014.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Earlier this year I got this 10' Fisher for free. To be honest it is rusty on the backside and you can tell it took a hard hard hit and bent it badly. So badly someone started to rebuild it with a brand new lower trip assembly, but then gave up

The A-Frame is straight, but where it meets the plow's main center pin it is bent downward and the holes are all ob-longed.

Follow along in the next few weeks, Ill have to have someone do the welding as that is not my forte.

Now I need a blank plate, I'm looking for a pre-made 1/2" steel bracket and I see them on ebay for $239.00

The picture of my truck on my trailer was really just for fun :waving:

photo 2(10).jpg

photo 3(8).jpg

photo 4(3).jpg

photo 1(10).jpg

photo 5(4).jpg
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Skid plate I bought one for 150 off ebay it was 1/2'' and what a over kill for what I welded it to
  3. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd love to find one of those for a few hundred bucks, much less free. I think it will hold up well to the abuse that a SS can dole out. Not sure what the attachment blanks go for now-a-day's, but it seems like just a few years ago they were like $70.00............
  4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I see a lot go for 100 to 125 that's for 3/8'' on craigslist
  5. extremepusher

extremepusher Member
    from west mi

If you are to do that I would a second pivot point between the a frame and moldboard just like the newer fisher a-frames. Just for added support. But it will be a good fit for the skid. Especially if you add end plates like the boss box
  6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a cool project. Keep us posted on your progression. I agree with making another pivot as well like the old Diamond plows as well.
  7. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

Just fab your own plate , for what they get for them now it's worth the couple hours to build it hours self.
  8. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Not a bad plow for free. Have your welder do the fab work for the plate, since you won't be welding it yourself anyways.?
  9. Powerstroke14

Powerstroke14 Junior Member
    from OHIO

MatthewG i'm curious as to what year and model bobcat that is?
    good looking fleet
  10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

2005 A300 with only 80 hours, gold package
  11. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Want to sell the 300????
  12. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

I've been running a Fisher blade on my skid steer for years. It's only an 8ft blade but the pivot has held up very well.