1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' Boss HD Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NAC, Nov 16, 2008.

1. NAC

NAC Senior Member

Just got it mounted. 2000 Frieghtliner FL70 with a 10' Boss HD Plow. Will be make a hooklift frame with 3 concrete deadmen bolted to it for bassalt, Will be plowing town roads with this set up.

Wall 003.jpg

Wall 004.jpg

Wall 005.jpg

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow wow wow...great lookin truck/plow! That is going to kick major ass!:redbounce

3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

that's one big plow lol. Looks good!

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome setup bud...

5. NAC

NAC Senior Member

Here a few more pics

Wall 006.jpg

Wall 007.jpg

Wall 008.jpg

6. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

Nice truck. maybe you could get a pic with blade lifted im sure it doesn't squat at all but would be interesting to see. Thanks

7. Randy's plowing

Randy's plowing Junior Member

Very very nice..

8. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

Wish that was mine. Nice set up. Do you know why itdoes not have the new style headlights?

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks great.

10. NAC

NAC Senior Member

If I dont forget tommarow i will I dought it will squat much has a 12,000 lb front axle.

11. Indy

Indy Senior Member

THat is VERY cool, what a beast.;)

12. NAC

NAC Senior Member

I couldnt tell you thats the way they they gave it to me just picked up today.

13. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

SWEET LOOKIN TRUCK:cool:

14. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

Thats one sweet looking truck. I am a GM guy but I know a couple of guys with the FL70 and they are some beastly trucks. That thing should get the job done without even breaking a sweat!

15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

That should work well!!

Just 2 questions:

Why didnt you follow through with the black paint onto the doors and cab? I really like the colors and the scheme, just wondering why you didnt have the cab follow the same scheme.

2: I would put some curb guards on if youll be around lots of curbs and then also weld on some carbide metal chunks to try and slow the blade wear.

But overall, the truck is awesome!

16. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Sweeet truck man.

Does anyone know if Boss uses the same size lift piston for all of their plows, no matter the size? That looks like the same size piston as I have on my 8'. Just wondering.

17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, but are you going to put a bed on it? If you don't have any weight in the back all it's going to do is spin JMO.

18. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

Nice Truck!!! The bigger the plow the sooner your done!!!

19. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Sweet set-up you got there!

20. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

I was thinking the same thing Mercer. Without any weight on the back you'll be slip sliding away. Do you salt for the city too?