1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

10' backhoe pusher on a new skid steer?

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by Stone781, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Stone781

Stone781 Member

I KNOW ITS NOT MENT TO BE... AND EVERYONE WILL SEND A MESSAGE SAYING YOUR CRAZY AND STUPID... BUT... Has anyone ever done or heard of putting a 10' backhoe pusher on a new skid steer? I obviously wouldnt use it to stack snow, only to push it and then have the rest of the equipment clean up the piles. The pusher has the hookup for a backhoe, with the sections of metal that you stick your bucket in between. I was thinking put the bucket in there and clamp down the sides with ratches and use it to just push snow... obviously its not going to work in 1' of snow... but what do you think, other than the obvious people who are going to say im stupid?

LET ME KNOW ASAP... THANKS GUYS

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

a 10 foot backhoe pusher is about 350 lbs heavier and sits about 2 feet further from the front axle. Could you do it....yes....would I no unless you are getting a killer deal on it.

What size loader are you putting it on?

3. Stone781

Stone781 Member

I got the pushers already... I have to rent another machine... And it doesnt look like im getting a backhoe with availability.. So i was thinking hooking it up to a s185 or if possible a t300... And just using it to push and not stack

4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I don't see any problem at all. The difference in weight between the Skidsteer model and the backhoe model is 350 lbs. Yes it will be further ahead when you attach it to your bucket, but if all you are doing is pushing, no big deal. Go for a 70HP + skidsteer.

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the bigger skidsteer.. Oh, and not a tracked machine. Should have no problem in lighter snow.

6. Stone781

Stone781 Member

So you think i could hook up a s300 to a 12' backhoe pusher and use it to push?

7. Craaaig

Craaaig Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend it unless it's on a two speed. If you have to use a track I would also recommend looking into the new bridgestone snow tracks.

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

according to protech an s300 is too small for a bobcat 12', so I would not try to push a 12' backhoe model.

9. Stone781

Stone781 Member

Im not going to use a track machine... I already have a 12' backhoe pusher... Im just trying to use it on a bobcat... Is this possible... I know thats its not ment to be used that way... But what size cat do you think i need... I thought s300 was one of the big boys?

10. plowinli

plowinli Member

One thing to think about is you are sitting much lower in a skid than a hoe and you might have a hard time seeing over the moldboard of the box with it beeing 2' further in front.

11. Stone781

Stone781 Member

Good point... I'll have to go check out that pusher this afternoon and look over that... Thanks for that avdice.

12. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

WAIT!, didnt u say it was a 10ft pusher?

13. Stone781

Stone781 Member

yea i might have... but im almost 90% sure it's a 12'...i just want to use it for pushing not stacking

14. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Protech is wrong about a 12' box on a S300! That machine is definitely strong enough for the application! If the snow is wet and heavy you would have to plow the snow in sections anyway! More than likely your snows are going to be on the lighter side which will save you alot more time!

15. snowmaster

snowmaster Junior Member

I have a bobcat t300 with 10ft pusher and it works great.